PDA

View Full Version : video of tilton release bearing.

cantfindausername
07-12-2006, 16:05
Just wanting to get some opinions on wether or not this release bearing is moving enough to engage the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw0IHkt84CA

Thanks
Ant

GaryA
07-12-2006, 22:34
I would say yes from that clip but what makes you ask

Peebs
07-12-2006, 22:55
I would also say yes, the movement seems to be quite adequate.

If you are getting no release on the clutch with this amount of travel, I would suggest start looking further down the line. I.E. Is the backplate seated corectly? Is it the correct backplate ? How much movement will it actually require to release the friction plate ? Has the flywheel been machined beyond it's service limits ?

Seriously, this sort of movement really should be enough for full disengagement. The problem you posted about your "bleeding" is not the issue here. The problem lies in the clutch assembly/flywheel friction face itself !

cantfindausername
08-12-2006, 10:09
SO you're saying my brand new ?1200 clutch is buggered?

If so I'm going to be slightly annoyed. :(

Sponge Bob
08-12-2006, 12:18
WTF??? ?1200 on a clutch?

cantfindausername
08-12-2006, 12:49
Thansk guys. I am going to play around with the clutch pedal rod to see if I can get more throw out of it. People keep bringing this up so it has to be worth a try.

Sponge Bob
08-12-2006, 13:48
Is there not a relatively simple master cylinder swap - say from a larger Toyota... that way you'll get the higher fluid displacement needed at the pedal.

Marksman
08-12-2006, 14:17
I also remember something about an extended slave cylinder shaft, but I'm sure that was just for uprated clutches... er I think.

O.S.

cantfindausername
08-12-2006, 16:23
Well I'm gonna try a few things over the weekend so hoefully something will work.

Will update when I have something to report.

mr2lover
15-12-2006, 15:42
Had same problem when fitted my 500bhp rps clutch you need to extend the rod behind the clutch pedal more and will disenguage the clutch fully.

cantfindausername
16-12-2006, 10:24
Have extended it quite a way and still nothing.

I'm convinced that the clutch is siezed on at the pressure plates.

When you press the clutch pedal it has so much force its actually moving the flywheel toward the block

cantfindausername
16-12-2006, 11:12
Yeah its all fitted right. I took loads of pics when I fitted it and because the clutch had been a f*cker from the start, I wanted to make sure it was fitted correctly.

If there is clearence on the crank and that is being used, that shows the hydaulic bearing is pushing with some force, so we know its bled right now.