PDA

View Full Version : MOT Pass

randomfactor
01-12-2006, 22:34
Happy days!

Took the car down to the garage today for an MOT test. It was tense, I'd had to postpone it from Monday because one of the vacuum hoses blew off on the way to the petrol station last weekend. It had me thinking for a while before I noticed that disconnected hose.

The mechanic had a good look around and was happy enough. Surprising that the headlights were ok, since I've have the carrier out to de-rust and paint. The only issue was the emissions test, they were on the high side and somehow we managed to just get under limit.;) . The boost controller and ecu are not set up yet and is fueling slightly rich, but at least I can get it some tax then on to a spray booth to tart it up.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

superchargedsam
01-12-2006, 22:36
nice one !

lodgeman
01-12-2006, 22:38
well done mate!:thumbsup:

Gary Symons
02-12-2006, 08:18
:thumbsup: congrats

Paff
02-12-2006, 11:26
yey, nice one fella

Shorty
02-12-2006, 15:38
Another one on the road:) Really nice fella. Now :driving: carefully and stay away from :rozzer: :)

randomfactor
02-12-2006, 18:01
Cheers guys,
Took the wife out for a quick blast earlier today. Initially, she was impressed at how comfortable it was, then surprised by "how quickly the landscape arrives" under throttle! The best thing is the noise, everything is going on under that bonnet and then normal driving, the level is civilised.
After getting it taxed up and legal, I spent all morning re-wiring the lambda sensor back to the ecu. The rev 1 was a single wire, and the rev 3 one has four wires. The first thing I'd noticed was that the signal and ground were cross wired, probably wouldn't have been helping the emissions yesterday.

Shorty
02-12-2006, 18:36
"how quickly the landscape arrives"

LOL

adamh
03-12-2006, 01:16
welldone matey, :mrgreen: