PDA

View Full Version : Bolts

Mistertwokw
07-11-2006, 18:31
Looking at bolting on the last few bits and pieces onto my engine today and suddenly found that i had come up a bit short on the bolts...all the ones in the work shop don't have a fine thread on them and so don't fit:eh: .
Does anyone know of any good places to buy selections of fine thread bolts from??
Also i take it i'm ok using nice new stainless M12 bolts for the engine to mount on??

adamh
07-11-2006, 20:07
i wouldnt use stainless for the mounts ki, they are not available in high tensile grade. and are really only for aesthetic & corrosive were strength doesnot matter so much. you want an regular steel 8.8grade at least. i think toyota use 10.9 for the mounts. your local 'Partco's or autoparts shop will be abled to get them for you, alternatively, hunt for a local 'fastener' / fastenings / fixings company.

Mistertwokw
07-11-2006, 20:12
cheers mate

adamh
07-11-2006, 20:30
n/p id give you some if i had any matey!, i used standard coarse threaded HT studding for mine as my mounts were very thick so needed extra length, its very cheap per metre from fastener companys.

Mistertwokw
07-11-2006, 20:48
think i will go that route for the mounts.. it's all the other pesky bolts with a fine thread needed that are bugging me...most of them screw into the gearbox housing.

lodgeman
08-11-2006, 08:33
if you pm me your address i think i have some left over from my second swap!

cantfindausername
08-11-2006, 18:16
I used http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/ for my fine threaded bolts.

For the engine mounts though, I wouldn't use anything other than Toyota bolts. I bought these new as I'd lost mine, and its really not that pricey for the piece of mind.