PDA

View Full Version : Magnecour KV85's for the 3VZ-FE

biteme
06-11-2006, 11:47
Hey everyone...

Just been in touch with Magnecour - they are making me a set of KV85's for my motor. Not sure on the total price yet, as they're being made up especially. I'm expecting around the ?100 mark though, as a ball park figure.

The guy says it won't be that far from that - so whilst he's making them, does anyone else fancy a set?

(No, Sam, I'm not buying them for everyone!)

Jiff Lemon
06-11-2006, 12:22
very interested;
Only thing is, what size are you making the king lead? Same sizes as Camry?

they gonna make them so they seal properly against the plug tubes? (would have thought so - Magnecor are pretty good)

superchargedsam
06-11-2006, 12:23
nice work johnny ! will talk to you about this on MSN !

Fizzy
06-11-2006, 12:49
I would definately be interested in a set - was thinking about buying some from the states. Perhaps a group buy can be arranged? :D

biteme
06-11-2006, 13:02
Thats what I'm looking at - the geezer will be getting back to me in a couple of days, I'd like to have some numbers down for a potential group buy.

Jinja
07-11-2006, 16:15
Damn...!!!

I just bought a set from the USA..!!! Total was ?140 inc P&P + the bastard duty...!!

Garbe
07-11-2006, 19:08
love the new avatar, i know thats the real you lol

biteme
07-11-2006, 19:59
haha!! it just always makes me laugh :)

Fizzy
16-11-2006, 09:57
Any update on this? Did you get your leads - any problems? Can you let me know contact details so I can get a set ordered?

I could do with a set myself, probably sooner rather than later. Its either going to be a set of these is they turn out ok, or a geniune toyota set from the local dealer. :D

biteme
16-11-2006, 10:00
Actually, I spoke to the guy last night, but 80 mins of squash last night just meant I was like an extra from the Thriller video.

They're coming in at the ?112 region, and should be ready in a week. He's buying in two sets initially - so there's one for you there if you want. One is for me, obviously!

I can PM you his details if you like.

Fizzy
16-11-2006, 10:12
Actually, I spoke to the guy last night, but 80 mins of squash last night just meant I was like an extra from the Thriller video.

They're coming in at the ?112 region, and should be ready in a week. He's buying in two sets initially - so there's one for you there if you want. One is for me, obviously!

I can PM you his details if you like.

Wow - ?112? Thats more than double the price of a set of standad ngk or bosch leads from the states. :hmm:

Still, if they'll be ready in a week - pm me the details please. :mrgreen:

Fizzy
27-11-2006, 21:40
Well, Phil from magnecor finally got back to me today. Confirmed the price to be a fraction over 112, +VAT and p&p.. :whistle: This is for the KV85 leads though.

Bits/connectors are on order and should be arriving at the end of the week.

He mentioned that although the clips on standards leads vary (different angles etc) depending on which connector they plug into on the dizzy cap, the magnecor ones will all the same.

This is supposedly how the US ones are done and apparantly there have been no problems.....?

He's going to call back at the end of the week when the parts are in to give me the latest info and get my final decision...