PDA

View Full Version : Wiper arms

OlberJ
31-10-2006, 09:20
Are these standard items that can be found on other cars? i.e another make?

The ends of mine are broken and the wipers have been fixed on with cable ties, wasn't an issue but now it's getting rainy am worried they're gonna fail.

Where can i get some new ones from? Toyota?

Anyone got any they want to sell?

Cheers.

Jiff Lemon
31-10-2006, 09:29
You sure you just don't need a fixing kit for the ends?

pop down to halfrauds and you can pick up a kit for a few quid.

OlberJ
31-10-2006, 10:54
no it's the actual arm end that's fubared on the passenger side. No "hook" on it, the wiper blade is held with a pin through the blade and the arm. Hence why i want to replace it.

I'll see if there's any scrappies local that has a mk1.

Paff
31-10-2006, 12:50
I might have one hanging up in my garage, can't remember if its still there, will check later if you need one, altho might cost more to post than its worth

adamh
31-10-2006, 12:56
someone quite frequently sells pair of bosch wipers on fleabay. mine are cacked aswell, also the balljoint coupling inside body below windscreen which pivots wipers keeps popping off and drivers side wiper stops moving, not solved that one yet :-(

superchargedsam
31-10-2006, 12:57
thought you had solved it Adam......you dont take it out the garage......:hidesbehi

OlberJ
31-10-2006, 13:50
It's not the wiper blades, it's the actual arm that they connect to.

Paff if you let me know that'd be ace, cheers.

Jiff Lemon
31-10-2006, 13:52
someone quite frequently sells pair of bosch wipers on fleabay. mine are cacked aswell, also the balljoint coupling inside body below windscreen which pivots wipers keeps popping off and drivers side wiper stops moving, not solved that one yet :-(

Easy fix adam! Take a peice of a carrier bag and cover the balljoint with it - Takes up some of the wear!

no it's the actual arm end that's fubared on the passenger side. No "hook" on it, the wiper blade is held with a pin through the blade and the arm. Hence why i want to replace it.

I'll see if there's any scrappies local that has a mk1.

Yup - that end is screwed into the arm. Halfords sell a kit for it so you can replace the lot :) Did Stu and Emma's car not so long ago as they had the same problem!

OlberJ
31-10-2006, 14:06
nice one, i'll nip over 2moro for a look.

Cheers Jiff.

Jiff Lemon
31-10-2006, 14:46
the thing to remember is that the halford kit fits the halford wipers. There's a bosch kit that fits the bosch wiperes.

Think ?15 should see you with a pair of new wipers and a fitting kit :)

OlberJ
31-10-2006, 19:17
Think ?15 should see you with a pair of new wipers and a fitting kit :)

Definite overkill. No way am i replacing those wipers, they've got at least 2 weeks left in them.

I'll replace one. At a push. lol

jasper
31-10-2006, 20:32
Easy fix adam! Take a peice of a carrier bag and cover the balljoint with it - Takes up some of the wear!
Or PTFE tape (the stuff plumbers use).....

adamh
31-10-2006, 22:03

your a legend jeff :praise2: .. top tip!. got some ptfe tape at work aswell jasper thanks.

thought you had solved it Adam......you dont take it out the garage......:hidesbehi

at least i can get mine in the garage sam :rofl:

superchargedsam
02-11-2006, 10:24
at least i can get mine in the garage sam :rofl:

Hmmm I can get mine in my extra wide double gargae with electric and light and a big mofo compressor......just cant work on it when its in there !

adamh
02-11-2006, 23:59
Hmmm I can get mine in my extra wide double gargae with electric and light and a big mofo compressor......just cant work on it when its in there !

no need for rubbing salt in the wounds eh! i conceed!

superchargedsam
04-11-2006, 11:02
Soz Adam, still think the work you do on yours with the constarints you have is amazing !

adamh
04-11-2006, 22:30
all part of the challenge!, have porty generator and lights for other projects now eh, handy to have!. at moment some kind old fella lets me plug in with an extenson lead and bung him some tart money hes kosher!

lodgeman
05-11-2006, 12:05
Soz Adam, still think the work you do on yours with the constarints you have is amazing !

he's also got the added drawback of me helping him!!!!:whistle: :) :) :) :)

superchargedsam
05-11-2006, 15:21
Alan if you get bored of helping Adam and want a weeks holiday in wales you just let me know fella !

superchargedsam
05-11-2006, 15:21
Oh when I say holiday I meant change of scenery !

hehe

adamh
05-11-2006, 19:51
Alan if you get bored of helping Adam and want a weeks holiday in wales you just let me know fella !

he dont need any holidays he gets enough rest in the rover :poke2:

he's not for sale sam!.. you'll have to find another ferret. feed him sausage rolls he becomes a different animal!

superchargedsam
05-11-2006, 20:45
hmmmmm