PDA

View Full Version : wiring up the clocks

quantumtools
27-10-2006, 04:22
Hey guys, just about to start the wiring of the car, just had a thought?

I dont have a dash cluster so how do i get around wiring up the speed sensor

i know i can use electrical meters for the oil and water sensors, but how do i trick the computer on the speed sensor.

Any Takers

Do I even need the speed sensor control wire or will the car run perfectly fine without it.

has anyone ever put the sw20 cluster into the aw11?

my wiring in the aw11 has been removed from the right side all the way back to the left hand kick panel junction.:nuts:

Paul Woods
27-10-2006, 07:47
if your gearbox has a cable driven speedo (being a rev1 i suspect it must have) then you need to take that out and fit an electronic sender from a rev2 onwards instead...it has three wires on it and needs to be wired as follows....

Black/yellow.....12v ignition supply
Brown......earth
purple...speed signal wire,join this one straight to the purple/white wire on your 3rd ecu plug (pin A9 i think!)

This will give the ecu its speed signal...if you dont give it a signal it will put an error code 42 onto the ecu but it doesnt seem to affect performance or go into safe mode.

quantumtools
27-10-2006, 21:29
Thanks Paul,

I will go and put the electronic sensor in the gearbox right now.

we must have a rev2 engine and box, when we put the parts from the gt4 box into ours we must have swapped it over to the mechinical sensor without looking at it properly.