PDA

View Full Version : mk2 panels on mk1

Racebreed
24-10-2006, 07:25
has anyone ever tired to fit a mk2 kit on the mk1 there is a kit i love but its mk2 only :)

Peebs
24-10-2006, 10:26
Uh-oh, is that burning I smell ?

millentubby
24-10-2006, 11:49
After seeing that mammoth Skyline R32 made into R34 thread (scurries off to find link...now this guy can GRIND! :D) Ta Da! Click (http://www.driftworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10564&page=21) I got thinking about something similar for the mk1 and mk2...not my taste but as a challenge it must be possible...As for fitting mk2 bumpers and stuff to the mk1...it'd look ugly with the rounded lines of the mk2 bits confusing the angular sweep of the mk1. You'd have to get a full kit to be able to do it...like a TRD...

Hahaha...a mk1 in a fat-man suit? ;)

Goldy
24-10-2006, 13:21
some of the more angular kits might suit a mk1 such as the border front bumper... its a bit like sticking a carlton front bumper on a mk1. Anything will fit if you put enough effort in

superchargedsam
25-10-2006, 09:30
Racebreed what kit you thinking off ! reason I ask is I have a meeting in two weeks about producing kits for the MK1, initially it will be a revamped autostyle based kit with improved useable front, rear end with a possible option of WRC type diffuser fins to aid stability with an under body barge board to improve flow and downforce, extended rear arches and new front wings with vents and arch extensions to match kit but the guy producing the kits for me has the ability to make anything I want really so any suggestions at this stage welcome before the meeting !

Racebreed
25-10-2006, 18:26
that sounds cool just wanted a kit to bring the car up to date as much as possible thinking of a mk2 now though