PDA

View Full Version : Got my 1.5 back!

Murf
21-10-2006, 21:10
Following on from when i dropped the car off, I bought it as a non runner and Paul dropped a new engine, radiator and CT20 into it for me.
I drove down today and picked it up and driving it is phenomenal!!!
spool up is so quick with the downpipe and the boost coming in is like being kicked in the back!
I drove my ST205 GT4 as soon as i got home to drop my mate off and it felt so sluggish and cumbersome in comparison, now i see what all the fuss is about!
Brakes need tweaked and it needs a good wash and polish but apart from that i'm a very happy bunny :)
Also got a chargecooler to fit and a few other tweaks before it hits the road for good.
Anyone want a GT4?? :D

Pics later!

Shorty
21-10-2006, 21:24
Congratulation!!!!!!!! And yea, lots of pics and vids too!:)

Is it really that fun.. Woho, can`t wait:)

welsha
21-10-2006, 21:46
ok I defo want a shot in that Paul!

superchargedsam
21-10-2006, 22:21
great news Murf ! gotta say I even prefer my supercharger to my GT4 which is tuned ! never found the celica an inspiring drive, a damned fast and smooth one but never inspiring ! rekon the 1.5 is best of both worlds, power and the fun !

Murf
21-10-2006, 22:34
Ive had a lot of cars but this is easily the most fun and therefore the best car ive ever driven!! I thought it would be scary to drive with all that power but it just feels really composed, like it was designed to cope with it from the start! I might add at this point that i ran the car on only 9 psi all the way home to run it in, God knows what it will be like at 14 psi :)

Welsha, as soon as you drive it your Rev3 will be on the market! Get round here before tomorrow night when i have to give the trade plates back to the garage!!!

Sam, your right, the celica is quick and soooo grippy but for all the fun you have it might as well be someone else driving it! Deffo gonna sell it after the 1.5 is finished!
How does the Mk1 supercharger compare to the 1.5? never driven an SC!

Here it is parked outside my house, ready for a good wash and t-cut!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/10/93.jpg

millentubby
22-10-2006, 04:55
Excellent news Murf! You'll have to bring it round to the farm soon dude! :D

superchargedsam
22-10-2006, 16:21
Murf if the SC had as much power as a 1.5 be no contest as supercharged is brilliant as instant power is amazing but it will never be as quick as a 1.5 for sure no matter what you do with it ! once the twinchargers finsihed if I can get 250bhp out of that it will be the perfect car in my eyes as instant power but then the huge pull the turbo offers but with zero lag but thats a way off yet ! For everyday fun u will never beat the SC but for mofo fun in big lumps its the 1.5 all the way !

superchargedsam
22-10-2006, 16:26
in fact since the day I got my SC back on the road I have hardly used the celica to the point it now needs new brakes on the front, discs and pads the knock sensor doing, have recently put a new charge cooler pump on it, needs power steering fluid changing, oil and filter change and the turbo sorting to make it good again but havent been bothered with it as like the SC to much ! had breakthrough yesterday though in that engine mounts are now welded (many many thanks to Matt Dixey he is a top fella) in the 1.5 so will try and get the engine in this week to sort the torque mounts out then wont be far off sorting her out as well !

OlberJ
22-10-2006, 18:05
Very nice mate, i'll be keeping my eye out for it when it's done. Loving the wheels too.

Schweet.

Murf
24-10-2006, 22:12
Heres some more pics, now its had a clean :)

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/10/100.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/10/101.jpg

mr2lover
25-10-2006, 08:24
Love it paul. Its like a mini car of mine

I cant wait to get your old 3sgte in my mk1 now, Just gotta find gearbox and driveshafts and loom and away

superchargedsam
25-10-2006, 08:27
thos wheels reet suit it fella !

Jiff Lemon
25-10-2006, 09:10
Shocking! a T-Bar 1.5 without the obligatory black roof? :whistle:

Looks lush matey, and the wheels get a definate :thumbsup:

Murf
25-10-2006, 21:51
Cant take the credit for the wheels, Rob Sadler picked them and i agree that they suit it really well!
As for the black roof, it would have had one but Paul Woods ran out of time so he couldnt paint it for me, maybe after the winter :)

superchargedsam
26-10-2006, 20:51
looks good as is ! I saw you trying to palm that GT4 of yours off on pistol pete as well !

Hehe you beat me to it as I was gonna do the same !

Murf
26-10-2006, 21:25
Busted!
He was up for swapping the 4 for his SC, sadly i just dont have the space for it! He's since changed his mind and decided to keep it, a wise decision i think!
Dont fancy a 4 for spares do you? I aint paying ?20 to join the GT4 owners just to advertise it for sale!

randomfactor
26-10-2006, 21:34
Well done, the whole car looks really straight. A Getaway in Glasgow video perhaps?

adamh
26-10-2006, 22:00
looks lovely, good to hear the car is a strong runner :thumbsup:

halim.matin
26-10-2006, 22:06
Nice car mate.
THe mk1.5 are bloody quick!
I had an evo4, and my mk1.5 is far quicker and far connected and more fun!
I'd love to have a go in a SC? any takers in the midlands or london???

superchargedsam
26-10-2006, 23:09
Murf have justed landed meslf a nice contract so rather than part ex the celica for a truck I can now keep it so got big plans for it now (especially after just finding a stroker kit hmmmm) ! I was gutted when I saw how the prices of the Gt4 have plumeted as I was tempted to sell mine and get a black WRC model which is what I wanted but might as well stick with what I know now !
Have never joined the GT4oc as they have a lot of hassles with politics over there and are apparantly sat on ?20k of members money in the bank so they all moan about it which is a shame as every member from there I have delat with (and thers been a few!) have been bob on and even went to the chairmans house to pick up a block and head for a project build !
Gotta say the GT4 is a beast of a car but as a few have said not as much of a drivers car as an MR2 !

superchargedsam
26-10-2006, 23:09
Murf if you want a supercharger to swap for your GT4 am sure I can build you one out of the parts I have here !

;)

lodgeman
26-10-2006, 23:14
i've got a rover 216 auto if you wanna swap for the gt4:P ( dont get youre hopes up !! its the old shape one!!lol lol )

superchargedsam
27-10-2006, 11:20
they did them things in auto feck me must have been 0-60 only on an RAC truck !