View Full Version : Dash Lights

mr2aw11turbo
17-09-2006, 16:44
Could someone please tell me what wire is the switched live from the head light switch that feeds the bulbs that light up the dash please, i need to find out what i need to connect up my gauges to:banghead:

Paul Woods
18-09-2006, 07:27
i'll make it easy for you bud... if you take the binnacle off and look at the three wires on the fog light switch just under the wiper switch (yeah cos u need telling where the fog switch is doh!) ....locate the Red/white wire on the fog switch,this is the switched live from the headlight switch (its used to power the foglight but will do what you are asking as it only becomes live when the headlights are on)

thats another BMW spoiler you owe me :)

mr2aw11turbo
18-09-2006, 18:22
i'll make it easy for you bud... if you take the binnacle off and look at the three wires on the fog light switch just under the wiper switch (yeah cos u need telling where the fog switch is doh!) ....locate the Red/white wire on the fog switch,this is the switched live from the headlight switch (its used to power the foglight but will do what you are asking as it only becomes live when the headlights are on)

Thanks Paul but...........
thats another BMW spoiler you owe me :) Wrong person:slap:

Paul Woods
18-09-2006, 18:35
FFS! ignore me,i got your name confused with mistertwokw....im a muppet,oh well!