PDA

View Full Version : So, did my MK1.5 pass its mot?

Gary Symons
15-09-2006, 18:26
Certainly did :thumbsup: .

I still have a few things to sort out though. On the first test run I got nicely onto boost then the ECU light kept coming on and the car felt like it was stalling. Did a diagnostic and it looks like I am getting fuel cut, ecu was saying that turbo pressure was too high. Would the aftermarket downpipe, intercooler, air filter etc. cause this? eveything else is standard.

Also later I lost the brakes and at the same time the engine ran rough as hell, soon fixed that by replacing the brake vacuum pipe that had fallen off:doh: .

As for the problem I had last week with the car boiling over badly, well i have made a discovery:

[clown mode on] blown rad fan fuse :doh: :doh: :doh: [clown mode off]

Although I have noticed that when switching off the engine there is the slight sound of bubbling for a couple of seconds in the engine. Nothing is coming from the expansion tank, maybe a small airlock? Did a pressure test on the water system last week and didnt see any problems.

Guess I need a FCD and a granger ordering now :mrgreen:. easy to fit?

Anyway, all in all pretty happy with today :thumbsup: .

Marksman
15-09-2006, 18:43
Splendid!

:driving:

O.S.

GaryA
15-09-2006, 18:54
Bubbling noise is standard , my rev 2 sounded like a coffee maker after a blast! Oh and the mods could make it hit fuel cut . Well done

Paff
15-09-2006, 18:58
nice one mate, hope you enjoy it to its fullest now

Paul Woods
15-09-2006, 19:07
well done sir! now get that boost controller and fcd chucked on. :thumbsup:

adamh
15-09-2006, 19:19
excellent news :mrgreen: ... well in time for winter aswell!. have you had your wheels tracked up yet gary?.. did you do it at home? im thinking how i should get mine done when the time comes, angles and toe's etc..

Gary Symons
15-09-2006, 19:40
excellent news :mrgreen: ... well in time for winter aswell!. have you had your wheels tracked up yet gary?.. did you do it at home? im thinking how i should get mine done when the time comes, angles and toe's etc..

Yeah, looking forward to the snow & ice. Wheel alignment is only approximate at the moment (but i dont think it is too far off). Used a spirit level and tape for the camber. tape for the toe in etc. Will be getting it done properly real soon.

Guys, how about these for my shopping list:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERTEK-BOOST-CONTROLLER-TOYOTA-MR2-2-0-16V-TURBO_W0QQitemZ140029775187QQihZ004QQcategoryZ7220 5QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUEL-CUT-DEFENDER-FCD-FOR-MR2-CELICA-3SGTE-ENGINE_W0QQitemZ160029447513QQihZ006QQcategoryZ320 94QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paul Woods
15-09-2006, 19:47
yep both look good to me,i use both regularly. :thumbsup: