PDA

View Full Version : pauls supercharger kit

welly_59
14-09-2006, 00:58
hey paul, any chance of a little bit of a writeup on what was involved in making ur supercharger kit on the v6? dont need to go into too much detail mate, just the basics like how u mounted and run the charger etc?

Paul Woods
14-09-2006, 06:31
well it was a nightmare mate,i had to have the m45 mini supercharger body specially extended so it would reach the pulley side,this work would have run into many hundreds of pounds had i not been very friendly with a local machinist.

This means the m45 is pretty much a no go on the v6,its too small anyway,ideally you want an M62 or bigger.

To be totally honest welly its much much easier to remote fit a turbo onto the v6,im going to do this over the winter,stick a turbo over the gearbox or in the boot,run the exhaust pipe into it (only a few pipe mandrels and a flange needed) then run the exhaust outlet back onto the exhaust.

Feed oil to it from a blank union on the block near the oil pump,return it to the sump via another union welded to the sump,stick an intercooler on it and away you go...a ct26 would work well as you are only running it to 7psi (stock actuator spring tension) and because its getting powered by 3ltrs worth of engine instead of 2 it'll spool instantaneously with no lag.

Big plus of doing it this way is no energy consumed like a SC does.....trust me the SC is a ton of work and it cant be IC'd either....the only way id SC another V6 is with the TRD kit as its plug n play.

Get a turbo whacked on there welly!