PDA

View Full Version : v6 parts prices compared to mr2 prts prices

robbrookes5
10-09-2006, 19:30
is there much difference in prices between the camry and the mk2 mr2 car prices??

id imagine it would be cheaper to replace stuff on the v6 camry as its not a sports car as such...

can anyone shed any light? :clap:

superchargedsam
10-09-2006, 19:41
hey they are both toyota nuff said !

JB
10-09-2006, 19:45
Rob are you asking about donor car prices or spares?
You can buy a V6 Camry 3VZFE from ?250-1000 depending on condition history etc which when you break it for the engine and other bits needed for swap will enable you to sell other parts and make a profit. Profit can go towards gearbox, shafts, flywheel, clutch etc
Someone else will be along soon with thoughts on Mk2 prices!

Paul Woods
11-09-2006, 07:07
i think rob means parts prices? camry bits are expensive,but no more so than turbo parts,toyota are unbiased when it comes to giving you a damn good wallet spanking!

lodgeman
11-09-2006, 07:20
a lot of the camry stuff is better coming from the states via ebay.com. their market is bigger so a lot more aftermarket parts are available. with the currency high at the moment the usa parts are quite cheap:jump: turbo stuff can easily be got here but prices are quite high. any help?

robbrookes5
11-09-2006, 16:07
sorry thought id asked the question clearly my fault...

still got answered though with pauls and superchargedsam`s answers.

its a toyota at the end of the day your right about the wallet stinging!!

at least toyota are unbiased!

superchargedsam
11-09-2006, 16:09
they are also a pain in the arse, rang them 4 times so far today and still waiting for them to ring back which for a ?2 caliper pin I could understand but not for a new vehicle ! feckers Im going Nissan or Isuzu now for sure ! Or maybe Mitsi !

robbrookes5
11-09-2006, 16:16
PITA toyota are... its a shame they make such good cars that we have buy them :)

superchargedsam
11-09-2006, 16:17
I know ! I need a new truck and want info on the new hilux double cab before I order from nissan but they aint called me back and the guy is always on the phone ! there loss ! I hate going to toyota and would rather go for a colanoic irrigation as it cant be any worse they are useless feckwits in there !

Sparky
12-09-2006, 00:39
damn there must be some real fucktards that work for toyota.

despite their monumental fuckup on my car I've had no problem with ringing them up and getting really helpful advise.

Paul Woods
12-09-2006, 06:22
ha ha this weeks new word "fucktards" im officially using that,i'll let you use my word "e-tards" which descibes internet keyboard mechanics,fair trade?

Sparky
12-09-2006, 08:50
'fucktards' - Bithed in australia by the geek community of atomic, so it is freely licensable under the GPL that linux uses :D