PDA

View Full Version : I have a garage!

dr_wilkinson
21-08-2006, 13:53
The hunt is over... I'll be moving to a new place next month which has a decent size garage, next to the house (my current garage is tiny, and i n a block).

Just got to finish the 20v, lug all my tools back from Suffolk and I can get to work planning a v6.... (I'm getting concerned by the fact that I keep dreaming of a v6-powered mk1 :confused: ). Starting a welding course in September so I can have a little more faith in the engine mounts too...

By the way, is there anyone remotely close to Watford (Herts, not Northants) breaking a mk1? I'm after a couple of bits...

Cheers

Rich

superchargedsam
21-08-2006, 15:16
try charged he is in birkhamstead and always has a few its lying around !

adamh
21-08-2006, 20:02
a decent sized garage.. luxuries man!

Charged
21-08-2006, 20:56
Hi Doc, as Sam says I'm just down the road in Berkhamsted. Would be interested to see the 20V... What bits are you after? I haven't got a breaker car at the moment, but I have a few bits kicking around

Ollie

dr_wilkinson
21-08-2006, 21:15
I didn't realise how close Berkhamsted is till I just looked on the map - you're only just down the road!

I'm after a couple of quite basic parts; some rad hoses (run out of 90deg bends to finish off the new pipe run), one of the steel coolant pipes running through the tunnel, battery clamp, spare wheel clamp, a few other bits from the list that are on my work pc... Oh, and not forgetting an interior that's not blue!:puke:

You're more than welcome to check out the 20v, although it's in Suffolk at the moment - I've got nowhere to work on it here. I'm hoping to get over and work on it one weekend mid-September, and then take it to a friend in Romford for some help with the wiring and welding. Fingers crossed I'll have it on the road by early October!

Rich

dr_wilkinson
21-08-2006, 21:17
Out of interest, whoever I met at JAE, who are you? I was chatting to a guy who was at the wiring stage of a v6, but didn't get his name, if anyone's ot an idea (tall fella with a hat...)

Rich

Charged
21-08-2006, 21:54
I've got the battery and spare wheel clamps somewhere, I will have a dig around. I cant help on the rad pipes though sorry. You are welcome to pop down and look at my cars if you want

lodgeman
21-08-2006, 22:41
Out of interest, whoever I met at JAE, who are you? I was chatting to a guy who was at the wiring stage of a v6, but didn't get his name, if anyone's ot an idea (tall fella with a hat...)

Rich

that would be jb:thumbsup:

superchargedsam
21-08-2006, 22:42
thought JBs was all finsihed before JAE ?

dr_wilkinson
21-08-2006, 22:54
What cars do you have then Ollie? I'm assuming by the name either a SC or a turbo?!

I'd definitely like to come and check out either of those - I'll be in touch when I've got a spare evening/weekend!

lodgeman
21-08-2006, 23:04
thought JBs was all finsihed before JAE ?

who else is tall, wears a hat and doing a v6?:hidesbehi lol

superchargedsam
21-08-2006, 23:06
agreed but he was defo not at wring stage at JAE ! very confusing indeedy !

dr_wilkinson
22-08-2006, 08:29
Maybe I got confused and he was past the wiring stage? His car definitely wasn't there though. It was Sunday afternoon, I was chatting to him and another (Welsh) guy about v6s and 20vs!

Charged
22-08-2006, 16:01
What cars do you have then Ollie? I'm assuming by the name either a SC or a turbo?!

I'd definitely like to come and check out either of those - I'll be in touch when I've got a spare evening/weekend!

I currently own a broken supercharger, a Mk1a and an Uno turbo. I also own two other superchargers with my friend. Quite a collection! I'll PM you my mobile number and we can meet up, I'm pretty busy at the moment as I'm moving house and trying to get my Uno back on the road for the winter