PDA

View Full Version : Halims swap

Paul Woods
26-07-2006, 17:47
Here we go again!!! :whistle:

Time to get busy,here is halims car,hes posted a few times and has waited patiently for me to start his swap,so here goes hal!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/281.jpg

And here is hals disgusting 4a-ge,this particular beauty looks like crows have been nesting :)
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/282.jpg

No world records removing the engine today,i slept wrong,as you do! and woke up with a bad back,unless someone kicked the crap out of me in the middle of the night...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/283.jpg

and one empty bay....half the new forest fell out with the engine,ive never seen so many leaves!
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/284.jpg

I also gutted the boot,removed ecu and all unwanted air filter shite...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/285.jpg

Next job was to disconnect the fuel tank in the bay ready for tomorrows big pump swap...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/286.jpg

It looks like a scene from alien 3 but it all makes sense once you study it.

Next job was to strip his clip and throw away half of the engine we arent going to use....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/287.jpg

The air con is gone ,so is that big numb alt bracket....the clutch is burnt out but was getting a new one anyhow!

Lots of pressure washing and degreasing to do tomorrow,oh joy.

Im up against it time wise on this one,i clear off on my hols on the 13th aug so id love to have this one done by then,highly unlikely given ive got to polybush,brake upgrade and sort a few jobs out as well! who knows it might be possible.

Garbe
26-07-2006, 18:03
aug 13th, no problem, rev2 V6 in 4 days now that was a challenge!!

adamh
26-07-2006, 23:01
2.5 hours for a bad back, that disgusting paul, go to your room:smack:. ...
is looking ike a revision one from here?.. any super duper mods? (stepping aside from the fabrication of course!)

:popcorn:

Paul Woods
27-07-2006, 07:40
2.5 hours for a bad back, that disgusting paul, go to your room

sorry mate it wont happen again :) although me back feels like vanessa fletz has been practicing her gymnastics on it.

Rev 1 indeed,no goodies on it,its a typical install...MBC,FCD,decat pipe,cornered off boot IC install,you know the score by now :)

adamh
27-07-2006, 10:23
aye.. but waiting with baited breath for the sound of a wapin v8 :-)

always a pleasure to see the work on turbos & v6. what's the car like?

halim.matin
27-07-2006, 13:41
Nice One!!
Can't wait guys!!!

I hope my MK1 is'nt all that bad? I did buy it for ?150!
The bits that need attention is both rear arches and strip above the windscreen. Is that correct Paul, no other areas to worry about??

Sponge Bob
27-07-2006, 13:49
Gah - seeing all this makes me want to get started on another while I finish mine... all that pulling stuff out the boot, and that - so much fun...

why am I a pen pusher :cry:

halim.matin
27-07-2006, 14:00
yeah,
I'm a pen pusher too mate!
sometimes i wish did something more practical after leaving school!!!

Sponge Bob
27-07-2006, 14:02
Sucks ass doesn't it - particularly when many people here not only tinker all day long - but they get paid for it too!!!!!! lol

Paul Woods
27-07-2006, 17:46
its not too bad hal,bit o rust here n there but you def got your moneys worth!

I dropped the tank today,took the old pump out which was seized solid!!! first time ive seen that! exactly how long has this car been off the road??

And also spotted leaking heater pipes above the tank which ive now repaired.Engine mounts are removed and boot wall is opened up,will grab pics tomorrow.

halim.matin
27-07-2006, 18:26
nice one Paul!

The nice Lady I bought it off said it been 'off road' for about 2 years. But not driven for about 6 months.

Paul Woods
27-07-2006, 18:29
i think she got it the other way around...off road for 6 years and last driven 6 months before that! :)

adamh
27-07-2006, 19:32
Gah - seeing all this makes me want to get started on another while I finish mine... all that pulling stuff out the boot, and that - so much fun...

why am I a pen pusher :cry:

your insane bob :mrgreen:, once was enough for the turbo lump for me, can just remember early mornings and late nights and walking through the door seriously black for a week!

halim.matin
27-07-2006, 22:19
air scoop locaton???

halim.matin
27-07-2006, 22:28
Paul,

ic location???
Diagnol with a hole in the floor plan so there is air flow???

Peebs
27-07-2006, 23:37
Sorry to hear about your back Paul, happens to me sometimes too, doc says its a trapped nerve problem, still I'm sure you'll brutalize on regardless :)

Sponge Bob
27-07-2006, 23:42
your insane bob :mrgreen:, once was enough for the turbo lump for me, can just remember early mornings and late nights and walking through the door seriously black for a week!

can't beat it mate :mrgreen:

anyway - don't want to dilute this swap thread with knackers - so on a related topic it seems like this 2 is being brought back form the dead and being given a new lease of life!! Top work!

Paul Woods
28-07-2006, 07:18
Hal stick that scoop on the other side where the IC usually goes and thats the ticket.You can also vent the boot lid above it like megatron did on his.

Gary Symons
28-07-2006, 09:18
air scoop locaton???

I am planning a scoop each side similar to your pic which will feed air into a box mounted on top of my intercooler (mounted centrally on floor in boot). Currently, to get the car running I have taken the air feed from the side vent (engine bay) and ducted it to the cooler in the boot, not ideal but better than nothing while I get the car running.

:hijack: Anyone found any side ducts that would fit on the rear sides? Have considered using extra Mk1 vents but think they look a little big.

Driftin_AW
28-07-2006, 13:01
how about some naca ducts?
http://www.speedmods.com/images/aa5bco1.jpg

Rowdan
28-07-2006, 13:09
:hijack: Anyone found any side ducts that would fit on the rear sides? Have considered using extra Mk1 vents but think they look a little big.

I think HarryH cut Mk1 vents down to size for his vents (Sam would know).
Link to pics:-http://carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/HH_Blue_Mk1_SC_development_2002through2004/i_wMzIzNjQ2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg.html

superchargedsam
28-07-2006, 13:15
crikey Malc with JB making his car into a plane, Lodge using boat parts now more non car parts this really is a brutal place ! I like the shape of that vent and thats what a plan up front on the frunk lid with a middle separotor to stop air going over the car !

To keep on topic it will be good to see this one come together as rekon that car more represents what most of us start with ! My Tbar car was stored under a tree for 1 year and was never started, needless to say a can of fresh fuel and a starter pack and I drove it th 45 miles home with no problems (and no brakes nearly!) !

A few leaves is nothing as am asure some of us have found worse, much worse !

Paul Woods
28-07-2006, 15:52
well worked stopped totally today as a large piece of mr2 decided to embed itself in my right eyeball....been in the bloody eye infirmary all day and it hurts like a beatch!....i was wearing goggles during this particular grinding excercise but somehow it still managed to get past....keep it safe gents.

lodgeman
28-07-2006, 16:00
you all right mate? cant be too careful with eyes.............. only got two!:hmm: well most of us anyway lol

Jiff Lemon
28-07-2006, 16:01
ouch! Know the feeling; Once had to have metal splinters removed from my eyeball by a doctor with a pair of tweezers. Was utterly bizarre as they'd dropped local anaesthetic in there first so I couldn't feel a damn thing even though i could see everything!

Although nearly puncturing my eyeball on a snapped rusty fiesta aerial was probably the worse one!

Keep it covered and muunch those painkillers down.

Paul Woods
28-07-2006, 16:09
cheers chaps,ive taken two solpadols and cant feel my feet lol ,as you say jiff truely bizzare feeling him picking at your eyeball surface and not feeling a thing! he said it would still feel like there was something in there...hes not bloody kidding!

Had to drive home too which was horrendous,blinding sun,eyeballs on fire.....not good! funniest part was he took a small dremel type thing to my eyeball to clear the rust out,i hope hes waxoyled it too lol

Garbe
28-07-2006, 16:13
Flippin hell, glad no damage was done, with googles on!!!!! sure you know how to put them on correctly, i'll do a master class next JAE

Limeymk1
28-07-2006, 16:24
Ouch Paul, sounds familiar. I had a nice bacillus infection in my eye that left two craters over the iris, hurt like bu99ery!

Hope you feel better soon.

Chris

Shugsta
28-07-2006, 16:31
Ow! Glad your fixed Paul. I guess it could've been much worse. You would think that you'd be OK with goggles on. A lesson for us all.

Sponge Bob
28-07-2006, 16:37
Ouch!!! Hope it gets better soon mate... sounds pretty damn painful

superchargedsam
28-07-2006, 16:37
Eyes are a nightmare ! remember at uni the picture of a piece of curled up swarf heading out of the picture at you with a strap line like "how much are your eyes worth, always wear protection!" !

Been in hospital twice with my left eye, first was a stupid accident with super glue :whistle: and the second was changing wiper blades on my 1st MK1, tiny piece of metal paint chipped off as a spread the fingers out to take the blade, went rounf back of the eye, took 4 hours and 2 doctors to find it, was the size of a pin prick but cut my eye to shreds and was going out with a doctor at the time who decided she needed to flap at the hospital to get it sorted quicker, didnt help much really !

Cant believe it sneeked past goggles but least your ok enough to type on TB eh Paul !

Paul Woods
28-07-2006, 16:54
screens hurting my eyes to be honest,that'll learn me.

superchargedsam
28-07-2006, 16:59
yeah but if you were wearing goggles to be fair not much more you could have done really fella !

Sponge Bob
28-07-2006, 17:02
could've worn 2 pairs... ;)

superchargedsam
28-07-2006, 17:03
or a pair and a welding mask over the top with plain toughened glass in I guess !

Sponge Bob
28-07-2006, 17:04
and with extendo arms to do everything at least 20ft away...

superchargedsam
28-07-2006, 17:05
or everything in a big blast cabinet type thing with those gloves they use in nuclear plants like on simpsons !

Rowdan
28-07-2006, 17:20
Could just not look, or is that how you got your thumb:hidesbehi .

Seriously though hope theres no serious damage mate.

David Sleith
28-07-2006, 17:38
Sorry to hear you had a near miss Paul. Suppose its a big hazard of being self employed in case you hurt yourself bad enough to not be able to work.

Need to get Backy to pamper you, get your feet up and she will get the cold beer from the fridge!

Just like it should be every night right enough :hidesbehi

adamh
28-07-2006, 19:12
bad luck paul, cant say it hasnt happened the same way to me during this mr2 exercise, always manages to get through the bit where your nose is.. htf i dont know.. painful!. hope it heals up all nicely ;) <--- :)

halim.matin
28-07-2006, 19:54
hey Paul,
hope your feeling better mate.

Paul Woods
29-07-2006, 08:59
im all mended today chaps,just a bit tender around the eye....picking up a grinder again on monday :)

Peebs
29-07-2006, 21:36
Oooh, nasty, hope it heals okay Paul.

I had a piece of drilling swarf somehow get past my goggles and embed itself in one of my eyes too, while I was drilling overhead. Was well weird, could see it (sort of) and feel it between my eyelids when I blinked.

Paul Woods
30-07-2006, 09:08
ive no clue how it manages to do that,goggles press tight to face=mission impossible :confused:

Driftin_AW
30-07-2006, 11:57
it's crazy, I find the same thing - I wear safety goggles (not glasses) but somehow I still get shit in my eyes. Maybe they're made of a selectively permeable membrane?

Paul Woods
04-08-2006, 17:30
well a quick update,ive been waiting for engine mount plates to come from the cutters,usually he does them next day!

So i finally got my hands on them today and now Hals pride n joy has two ultra strong engine mounts welded to the chassis....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/28.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/29.jpg

Next comes seam sealing and painting the whole bay micra blue.

I also managed to fit a brand new exedy clutch kit to the engine today so the engine and box are now back together and i just have the timing belt to fit.

Lots more to come...

Garbe
04-08-2006, 17:52
Some good progress there paul, i wish i was more productive, though with me it's learning on the job lol
Glad your eye is ok

Paul Woods
04-08-2006, 17:58
all better now thanks :thumbsup: having a piece of mr2 parked in your eyeball is not good.

adamh
04-08-2006, 21:08
what does he cut the plates with paul?.. work looking good as per ! :mrgreen:

Paul Woods
04-08-2006, 21:20
plasma cut matey,I've got to get me one of those soon

adamh
04-08-2006, 22:44
cool idea..

adamh
05-08-2006, 07:08
this is the part where it turns into a butterfly :hmm:.. solid foundations in.. obligatory belts clutch and engine tweaking.. the lick of paint and fitting and all the rest of the work that gets the woods way.. its coined in the brain now :) , has halim riden a turbo yet? :twisted:

:popcorn:

Paul Woods
05-08-2006, 08:33
i dont believe so...so hes in for a bit of a shock! :)

adamh
05-08-2006, 18:13
just make sure to shove some brown slacks in the glove box :D

halim.matin
05-08-2006, 19:49
I had a lancer a evo4 a couple of years back, which was fairly quick, but too easy to drive.
I got a 1.5 civic at the moment....which is er....not bad suprisgley.
I also got a Kawasaki ninja zx7R which is fettled with and very quick
And my brother has a Hyabusa with NOS.......my leathers have never been the same!!!!
Can't wait for my 2!!!!

Paul Woods
07-08-2006, 17:52
well i got round to fitting the new cambelt today and i spent most of today cleaning and painting engine parts....starting with the cam cover...i dumped a load of pearl into a base mica blue and came out with this gorgeous shade....sparkles line diamonds in the sun!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/38.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/39.jpg

And the engine/box as they look now...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/40.jpg

Still lots to do!

adamh
07-08-2006, 18:55
thats a really really nice colour. the bench is blue this week, lets see what colour it go's next (trainspotting again) :rofl: ... certainly a dab hand with a spray gun. patience hutchison!.
do you have any plans for the brakes and suspension halim?

halim.matin
07-08-2006, 23:57
She's going to have:
-full poly bushed all round.
-Koni shocks and spring kit (i hope its not too firm...dont want to loose comfort)
- gt4 calipers upfront
- mk2 ARB
- fiesta drop links
-rear strut brace.
(all courtesy of mr woods)!!
- and BMW M3 coupe seats
- and been looking everywhere for BK racing 299 alloys in white(classic looking).

Can't wait chaps!!!!!!

Paul Woods
08-08-2006, 06:39
lol yeah that little bench has been every colour under the sun! a Mk1 painted this colour would be awesome,its amazing what effects you can get if you throw a few pearls in.

superchargedsam
09-08-2006, 13:22
Halim nice choice of motorbike there fella ! the 7r is the best fun you can have with your cloths on and 2 wheels i rekon but then Im biased !

Sponge Bob
09-08-2006, 13:48
Hmm - that's a well nice colour!! Make sure you keep all the road goo off... lol

halim.matin
09-08-2006, 15:25
Adam,
She's a belter. Did a couple of track days on her last year (cant afford it this year as all pocket money is going on the 2!). She runs rings round flashy bikes like new R1s and 'blades.
But she can be tempremental in the cold/damp weather (carb icing)!
I'm tempted to get a more upright/less sporty, injection bike though.
Sorry guys, but this my favorite pic (more so than my wedding pics!).

superchargedsam
09-08-2006, 15:46
Halim have you not had the carbs done on the service recall Kawasaki did to try and cure this ? should have been done free by them !

halim.matin
09-08-2006, 18:43
Sam, no, I've heard it does'nt really help.
I exhaberated the problem with a bigger air box and micron system!
Although silcolene fst, fuel addative does help. Its only on the coldest and dampest days its a bugger.
Do you ride mate???

superchargedsam
09-08-2006, 21:47
Yup got a standardish 7r and a ZXR750K1 and all the parts to build a WS/BSB ZX7rr with an ex yanagawa frame and the rest of the parts are all kit kawasaki and hawk parts including engine and bodywork, engine is at last at the engine builders as its been machined to accept a 750M1 crank to stroke the motor to 793cc and the kit head and carbs are a work of pure art ! Plan to build it up this winter ready for some track work next year !

halim.matin
09-08-2006, 22:17
nice.
the over bore kit is immpressive! I understand you get a fat torque curve?
why not go down the 9R conversion route??
are you gonna get magnesium wheels?
zx7r are way cool bikes, soo cheap now, and bullit proof!
I saw a really nice 7rr (ex TT) with lots of flash bits go for ?3500!!

superchargedsam
09-08-2006, 22:26
got dymags for it which are magnesium, well light ! had the chance of some 16.5" dymags from hawk but couldnt really justify them even though the turn in would have been uber sharp ! My mate who is building my engine has an ultra light tricked out 9r developing over 160bhp AT the wheel, runs a lmabda sensor so he can fine tune the carbs ! Am considering going 9r in the road bike as that should be pretty amazing !
Not going big bore kit which takes it up to 843cc as want to keep it uber relaible ! am hoping for about 140bhp from it with torque to match ! Have seen some decent 7rr go for silly low money considering what you get for the cash !

Paul Woods
10-08-2006, 18:03
ze engine is in ze hole...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/51.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/52.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/53.jpg

adamh
10-08-2006, 19:37
good work there paul, another one between the posts :mrgreen: . this is a semi long term job eh.. what with all suspension and bushes and brakes..

Peebs
10-08-2006, 22:56
Vot izz viz ze German ecksent, mein heir ?

Cool dude, looks crackin' :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
11-08-2006, 07:31
coz ve hav vays of making it talk! :)

Paul Woods
30-08-2006, 18:21
nose back to the grindstone...

today i mounted the coilpack/ignitor and also the injector resistor pack...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/160.jpg

and the rest of the day making the rear torque mount up,im on half speed with man flu...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/08/161.jpg

had time to do a few little jobs like connect fuel lines up,fit starter motor and also the celica alt bracket went in place.

adamh
31-08-2006, 22:15
ooo nice blue mount!..
interesting placement of the coilpack & resistor, might have to re-route mine into the bay as i have to use the loom hole that i used for an ic pipe, thus all loom going through loom hole and not split between two holes!.
hopefully you'll sheik the flu off soon eh

halim.matin
01-09-2006, 17:19
Looks Good.
Good to see your back Paul!!
Hope your 'man flu' get better mate.

Paul Woods
01-09-2006, 17:27
all over the man flu now thanks to some TLC from mrs W.

Right today i decided to get stuck into the suspension,no pics im afraid! but i managed to strip the whole back end down,polybush all of the rear arms,fit the koni adjustables and Apex springs....she looks a lot happier on proper suspension! Also i got the driveshafts fitted up and also installed a mk2 turbo rear anti roll bar,so things are coming along nicely.

Hal on inspection your rear brake calipers are knackered mate,as are the rear discs too and the handbrake cables are siezed solid....i will have to replace the lot but i think ive got some mk2 calipers here that will bolt up to the rear,should be fine and will save you a few quid (recon mk1 rear calipers are ?90 a go).Let me know your thoughts mate.

adamh
02-09-2006, 20:42
ploughing ahead into that suspension mate, thats the exact point where i'm at, reckons you'll have it done before me tho. ah and my handbrake cable is badgered too, debating wether to do anything special with the rears or keep them standard.. :shrug:

superchargedsam
02-09-2006, 20:55
standards will do fine Adam with those 185s up front and eventual 205s thats stopping taken care of ! Just do a similar rebuild on them like you did the fronts and jobs a good un !

Paul Woods
03-09-2006, 09:00
like sambo says,stock rears will be fine matey...

adamh
03-09-2006, 09:21
i guess will pull em apart and build with kit, i'll just get a skim on the discs.

superchargedsam
03-09-2006, 11:21
Adam you can pick a pair of rear discs up fro around ?40 delievered from a link someone put on here ! I recently rebuilt my rears and the difference it made was superb was most impressed !

Jiff Lemon
03-09-2006, 16:52
Noooooooooo Woodsport kit! BIG is beautiful!

Paul Woods
04-09-2006, 18:54
i finished off polybushing the car today and the new konis and apex springs are all fitted too.

The XS power decat pipe came today as well,thats fitted...also the short shifter kit went on today as well,things are coming together,hopefully have this running by friday!

Hal one slight prob,the brake master cylinder brace from twosrus....its for a US spec car which is left hand drive and UK cars have the brake master on the right so i cant fit this one mate,do they do a right hand drive version?

adamh
05-09-2006, 23:03
nearly there fella, will nip into cafe to have a proper ganders on friday :-) i tol you you'd have that finished quick!!! FH paul.. was any of it a challenge? :poke2:

Paul Woods
06-09-2006, 06:33
they seem to be getting a lot easier with time adam,which you'd expect really,could probably bang one out in a fortnight if i really went at it,but i prefer to keep standards high and take time over them.

adamh
06-09-2006, 10:16
was referring to suspension and bushes guv. me... I undo a nut a day :-)
these cars were sent to try us, not suceeding.

halim.matin
06-09-2006, 10:21
Its all looking good Paul!!!

I contacted 2Rus, waiting to see what they say.
Its something i can put on later??

Hows the ARB and drop links going??

Limeymk1
06-09-2006, 15:20
Hal one slight prob,the brake master cylinder brace from twosrus....its for a US spec car which is left hand drive and UK cars have the brake master on the right so i cant fit this one mate,do they do a right hand drive version?

Twosrus don't do a RHD one as far as I know, but Cusco do. I've seen them around occasionaly on flea bay.

pistol pete
06-09-2006, 17:17
i have to say paul
you are a god amoung some of us what you can do and how quick to a mk1

Paul Woods
06-09-2006, 18:02
pete only the women scream oh god with me mate ha ha!

with you now adam,i hate polybushing! horrible job.

hal ive finished the ARB's and droplinks,no need to replace the droplinks,the old ones were fine and dandy.

Ive got a bit of an update coming in about 10 mins.

Paul Woods
06-09-2006, 18:24
well i spent today making curvy woodsport IC pipework (AKA bed headboard! :) )

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/43.jpg

Here they are fabbed and ready for painting.......this months colour of choice for pipes was a nice gun metal grey and i tipped some sapphire blue into it to produce this beauty colour!!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/44.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/45.jpg

3 coats of laquer and they are done,i do believe i take more time over making these pipes and painting them than the rest of the conversion!

superchargedsam
06-09-2006, 18:28
Love that colour, that would look awesome on a tintop !

nik
06-09-2006, 18:31
smooooooth..loving the pipage mate..

Paul Woods
07-09-2006, 19:14
thats what all the girls say mate :)

today i finished off the battery relocation and started work on the wiring,it took a few hours but its all now wired up and ready for firing although it doesnt have an exhaust fitted yet.

Theres a small list of jobs to do but hopefully all will be done tomorrow or maybe just one or two to finish off on monday...so tomorrow could well be startup day!

Oh had to spend an hour pulling the immobiliser from hell off the car,not a particularly complicated one,just been fitted by idiots and the wiring was like spaghetti with selotaped joins! cool!

Peebs
07-09-2006, 23:25
Nice IC colour coding going on there, love that shiney pipehole :)

awesome work :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
08-09-2006, 06:42
cheers peebs!

Paul Woods
08-09-2006, 18:52
well i didnt quite get her finished today,stil the exhaust to do but everything else is done...battery relocated...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/64.jpg

And the ecu wired fully....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/65.jpg

And the completed engine bay shots...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/66.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/67.jpg

and the money shot...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/09/68.jpg

she fires on monday!

halim.matin
08-09-2006, 21:35
wow!!!

adamh
08-09-2006, 23:18
taking the wee again!.. another quality install mate. halims a lucky guy with new toy to drive soon! , hope all go's well fella. is she insured and m.o.t'd?

Paul Woods
09-09-2006, 08:04
theres a certain amount of welding to do on the car so i dont think it will pass MOT just yet,mechanically shes perfect though.

Paul Woods
18-09-2006, 19:22
As of today at 12am hals 1.5 breathed its first! fired straight up after a few coughs....i'll grab some video tomorrow,nice sounding engine this one!

Goldy
18-09-2006, 19:43
As of today at 12am hals 1.5 breathed its first! fired straight up after a few coughs....i'll grab some video tomorrow,nice sounding engine this one!

Bet you say that to all your engines :gay:

Another nice job m8y, halim you should be well pleased :thumbsup:

adamh
19-09-2006, 15:17
excellent! :-) another beautie hits the road. 12a.m tho mr woods.. you been wetting the bed lately?

Paul Woods
19-09-2006, 15:45
argh i meant noon! pm of course!

halim.matin
21-09-2006, 17:45
Excellent,
great news to hear from coming back from my Hols!!

halim.matin
25-09-2006, 17:19
what can i say......wow!!!
drove her back to brum at 7psi on saturday, and that was quick enough.
wound her up to 12psi yesterday.......amazing!!!

Paul, thankyou, your a genius!!!

she's off to the body shop this weekend to get the arches and full spray done. I'll stick some pics up after.

Paul Woods
25-09-2006, 17:45
you're welcome mate,keep us posted on how she performs and we will meet up for a few beers at the events :)

superchargedsam
29-09-2006, 11:06
awesome work as ever paul !

Paul Woods
29-09-2006, 17:43
tips hat.....much obliged guvna.

halim.matin
18-02-2007, 21:59
Hi all,
Hope everyone is cool!
Been mega busy with work, and decorating house!

I have finally got the car washed and waxed, and got pictures of it! If you remember there were great big holes in the arches!

The car is running brilliantly.
I even beat a friends Lambo diablo on the M6 toll!!(to about 70mph, then the diablo clawed me back and kinda left me for dust around 105mph!!)

Shorty
18-02-2007, 22:11
WOW... looks really good m8. All shiny with a nice color. Hehe, how did it feel like to pull away from the Diablo then? :)

halim.matin
18-02-2007, 22:48
Felt good. But around 100mph the diablo just starts to get going!!
I drove the diablo on a 'private' road and i lost my bottle at 160mph!!

Shorty
18-02-2007, 23:19
It`s up to 100 that counts!! Diablo is nice, really nice:)

Shugsta
18-02-2007, 23:45
Looks like a different car from when I saw it at Paul's. Very nice indeed Halim :thumbsup:

Holdin' off a diablo until a ton! I like the sound of that:driving:

What have you done to the engine? I had a quick browse through the thread and it seems like you were running at 12psi. Is that still the case?

podge
19-02-2007, 02:04
looking good hal bet the guy in the lambo was suprised:thumbsup:

Paul Woods
19-02-2007, 06:27
hey hal,the cars looking stunning mate,really nice!

adamh
19-02-2007, 08:39
looks lovely halim, good news on the performance eh :-) look forward to seeing it one day..

halim.matin
19-02-2007, 09:35
Cheers guys, and thank you Paul for all your help and advice!

Yes, running 11psi and about 13psi in 3rd and 4th. Going to the Dyno this Lunch time so I'll let you know what power she is pushing!!!

Yes, he was. He had an idea it was quick cos I've taken him out in it a few times! I asked him if he wanted a straight swap for mine...he declined.

Is my Mr2 limited to 135mph??? If so can i get derestricted???

biteme
19-02-2007, 11:03
Yeah, it'll be limited to 180kmh or therebouts. You can get a Speed Limit Defender for about £40 I believe - if you plan to go with the likes of a Unichip/eManage etc then they can isolate this in their own right and then if you go standalone then they'll have no restrictions :)

All good. You should be good for about 155-160mph with 13psi :)

halim.matin
19-02-2007, 22:23
Got back from Weston Performance, and the news is good.
She's puhing 225bhp @ 0.8bar boost (11.2psi) in 3rd gear at the fly wheel.
They said its running rich, 10:1 and it should be 11.8:1.
They can fit and setup a AFC neo fuel controller for £500 Or a new ECU for £1000.
Is this a good price, seems a tad pricey? Any thoughts guys? (can of worms open)

podge
19-02-2007, 22:51
hi hal if your just looking to control fueling why not just go unichip altho thier quite old now thied still sort you out is the 500 mapped aswell

halim.matin
19-02-2007, 23:00
Ta Podge.
£500 is for fuel controller, install and mapping.
£1000 for ECU, install and mapping.

Just seen unichips on ebay for £100ish. They will need mapping, i guess £200ish mapping time???

podge
20-02-2007, 08:02
yep about 200 will see one mapped and fitted