PDA

View Full Version : V6 loom

Jiff Lemon
05-07-2006, 18:13
Ok, just dressing the engine up and the loom has extra bits on it (A/C plug, break out from the rear bank, cam belt end etc etc).

What did people do with these bits? Half of me wants to strip the entire loom, pull em out and re-wrap it, the other half is saying snip and cover! (can't you tell that one half of me is getting rather fed up of the late nights?)

Paul Woods
05-07-2006, 18:27
jiff leave them alone mate....you will only give yourself a headache later on if theres a wiring fault,best leave it as it is and wire up as normal......just cable tie the spare plugs back out of the way bud.

Peebs
06-07-2006, 00:06
^^^ Do like that man said ^^^

Just hide them away somwhere with cable ties Jiffster.

dread
06-07-2006, 08:37
I agree, toyota have a habit of Teeing into other circuits for supplys and switching earths.just get ursel a larg roll of insulting tape:angel:

JB
06-07-2006, 08:52
I have tied all the plugs tidily and left them except for the few wires that are excess in the bit of the Camry loom that goes to the M2 It has the thick power leads in but also a number of wires going to an ABS plug and the Camry EFI main plug. Because they were long I chopped them back folded and shrink sleeved them. but at different lengths so they laid away from each other.