PDA

View Full Version : st215 Caldina 3sgte

mr2racer01
24-06-2006, 03:18
Hi Guys,

Great site!!! I just bought a 1999 Caldina 3sgte and will be putting it in a 1986 MR2. I have searched this site for wiring diaghrams for the st215 Caldina
3sgte and can't find anything. Thank you in advance for your helpful information.

mr2racer01
24-06-2006, 03:21
I forgot to say that I also have the Megasquirt Extra that I was going to use
for the 4agte setup to control the Fuel and Igntion. Would this make it easier
to wire? I only ask since I am desperate for the wiring diaghrams!

lodgeman
24-06-2006, 03:50
try looking on the home page- find the downloads section and all you need will be there!:) although i am not sure what a caldina is? we dont have them over here!:eh:

Driftin_AW
24-06-2006, 05:43
the caldina engine will be very difficult to run off the megasquirt. The coil over plug set up has weird ignition requirements and even experienced tuners have trouble setting up all the ignition parameters.

There's a guy called fivebob on the forums at toyspeed.org.nz who has wiring pinouts for the Caldina and might be able to help. Head over there and do a search because he posted them up a while ago.

mr2racer01
24-06-2006, 06:09
Thanks guys, for the info. I believe the Caldina wiring is not the same as the
3rd gen 3sgte. The Caldina is like the wrx or evo. It is a station wagon or sedan. Distributorless, 4 coils, 9:1 comp, stronger metallurgy block. Fantastic
motor that has 275hp. The scary thing is I think I am the first to use Caldina
into a aw11! Thank you for the link and the person I need to check for. It sounds like I have a better chance using the stock ecu from a manual Caldina
which I have for now. If you have any links and info that pertain this fantastic
motor can you please post it. Thank you and thanks for the quick replies!