PDA

View Full Version : 4agze ignition mapping

AlunJ
17-06-2006, 10:59
Hey all,

does anyone know if there's a rough guide to the 4agze ignition map floating around anywhere? Been looking at background info on the megasquirt and prety much everyone that's used one on a 4agte seems to have used a distributor with locked advance for their ignitions. I'm probably going to try to use a ford EDIS system so I can program the ignition table, but would love a look at the original one for a starting point.

Hopefully should have some extra cash soon (office is moving from Cardiff to down the road, I can take the car off the road :boogie:) so I can finally get on with the project. Solved a few problems and got a few more ideas in the meantime so watch this space :shades:

In the meantime, I'm off to maplins to see if they've got any stepper motors for my koni's (well, once I've replaced my speedo cable >:( ).

Cheers all, see ya at JAE

Alun

Marksman
17-06-2006, 12:06
In the meantime, I'm off to maplins to see if they've got any stepper motors for my koni's Alun

Now that has a certain sense of style! True home grown project to boot.

Good man sir.

Owen.

Paul Woods
17-06-2006, 12:44
agreed,a cracking idea alun...let us know how you get on with that,ive got konis fitted and being able to fiddle with the settings in the cabin while driving would be really cool :thumbsup: all the best ideas happen on TB!

AlunJ
17-06-2006, 13:50
Will do paul. God bless programmable microcontrollers and a bit of lateral thinking... :hehe: