PDA

View Full Version : Couple of wiring questions

Gary Symons
03-06-2006, 20:52
Been tackling the wiring today, I have been following the writeup written by paul but there are a couple of differences.

(BTW I have a Rev 1)

Firstly, the rev1/rev2 difference with the green/red wire from the COR, the instructions say connect to B17 (for rev 1) which is not green/red on my car is this correct?. Also on my loom A14 (for rev 2) is actually green/red.

Secondly, the black/red injector resistor feed, the guide says there are 4 wires but I only seem to have 1. I have done a continuity check and it appears that it is connected to both the resistor pack (silver finned box) and the connector on the coilpack (5 pin plug).

Can someone offer me some insight on the above

Cheers

mart1975
03-06-2006, 21:10
i think its the position of the wires that counts, i ignored the colours on ecu plug 3 and the n1 block

Gary Symons
03-06-2006, 22:08
Guess I will find out if it is right when I try and fire it up lol

BTW found this page in my manual tonight, may be of use to rev 1 owners
(shows the FC pin as B17 as paul says so pretty sure this is rev 1 anyway)

http://www.mr2mk1turbo.co.uk/files/rev1-ecu-pins.jpg

Paul Woods
03-06-2006, 22:55
gary there is indeed a rev1/2 difference in location for this GR cor wire.....do not wire on pin location though,toyota may have pissed about again,please wire it by colour....so wherever the GR wire is on your ecu use that one for the cor (A14 in your case)

Sounds to me like your harness is rev2? the single black/red feeding both ignition and injector resistor pack is a rev2 wiring trait....hmmm odd that! still just wire the single black/red up to the black/red on the N1 and it'll work.

Maybe someone fitted a rev2 harness to the mk2 at some point? you got a pic of your throttle body mate,that will confirm rev1/2 status

Gary Symons
03-06-2006, 23:07
The ecu has what looks like a manufacture date on top and its a 90, the exhaust manifod is a 7 stud, so pretty sure its a rev 1. However the wiring colours are confusing me and not that it means much I was told it was a rev 2 when i bought it!

Will this pic do ?

http://www.mr2mk1turbo.co.uk/photos/10-8.jpg

Paul Woods
03-06-2006, 23:12
hmmm.....rev 1 throttle body that....but your wiring is rev2,toyota are taking the pish again! dont worry about it gary mate,just follow the guide and its 99% the same anyhoo.

If in doubt matey ask.

I wonder if someone threw a rev1 engine into a rev2 at some point? that would explain it.

Gary Symons
03-06-2006, 23:25
I guess a rev 2 harness and a rev 1 engine/ecu etc would explain it. Will wire as a rev 1 and see what happens, if it blows up i will fit a V8rotflmao

Cheers for the help paul

Paul Woods
03-06-2006, 23:35
nooo....wire as a rev2 matey! cant think of any other differences anyway except for the GR cor wire and the number of BR live feeds.

Gary Symons
03-06-2006, 23:42
ok :mrgreen: