PDA

View Full Version : Help - I'm in the doghouse!

Arkwright
23-05-2006, 08:51
Hi Guys,

Sorry I've been quite for a while but I've been DEEEEEEPPPP in the doghouse:shrug:

You see, I took Marksman's MK1 to France at Easter with a friend of mine and through a breakdown in communication that I won't go into here I had a slight accident!

To be more specific - the passenger side had a long and painful screaming (or should that be screeching) session with a concrete barrier. The side skirt and triangle are dead (RIP) but I will hopefully have some replacement bits to put on there shortly. My problem is the door panel and the rear wing are dented and scratched and in need of some professional TLC. I've done the basics and stopped it from getting Rust-Bitten but I need a good body worker to fix the rest.

I took it to our local guy and got a quote but I'm not convinced that he will do the job properly - bits I've had fixed by him on my car are already starting to rust again.

So, bottom line - does anyone know of a good bodywork shop in the South Wales area that could work some magic and get me out of the doghouse please :cry:

:beer:
Miss Owen

nik
23-05-2006, 10:40
a breakdown in communication

rotflmao :rofl: lol :D then :hmm: :doh: and :roll:
maybe cheaper to find a replacement door and get it resprayed..as for the other bits someone will step up with replacements i am sure..

sorry though, cant recommend any body shop places..sorry
good luck.

welly_59
23-05-2006, 10:47
moral of the story:
never let a woman drive your car!

Paff
23-05-2006, 12:48
If the door is quite badly damaged and you do want to replace it let me know I have one at my house I can take a look at and see if its straight.

Failing that I think my uncles garage has a bodywork guy that might be able to give you a quote.

Oh I may also have some replacement side skirts if you struggle to find some, will have to check that one tho.

Peebs
23-05-2006, 23:36
Oh dear, I'll bet that pleased him, as for bodywork try...

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/find/business/business_numbers_ppc.publisha?&SearchType=type&NAM=Car+Body+Repairs&LOC=&CLASSCODE=F01783&AREACODE=&GCID=S16719x199-generic&keyword=Car%20Body%20Work

or

http://www.shinycar.net/80256D5D004BE62C/Links!ReadForm&RestrictToCategory=C