View Full Version : Engine Datum point measurement

Paul Woods
26-03-2005, 07:42
Hi chaps,i gave this reference pic to nik during his swap to help position his engine,although i wouldnt recommend using these measurements to locate the engine,its a useful image for getting it near.Note that the measurements to the strut top bolts are to the centre of the stud and that all measurements ultimately depend on engine height and rotation(torque mount location) enjoy!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2005/03/5.jpg

djdna2000
29-05-2006, 13:03
Anyone tell me where this pic is guys? I'm taking the honourable non-jig route and just want to see whether I'm in vague agreement with someone else. It doesn't seem like there are many options but I'd rather make sure I haven't forgotten summat. (no snide comments about me finally getting round to putting the engine in after 6 months either :D )

Gary Symons
29-05-2006, 19:32
(no snide comments about me finally getting round to putting the engine in after 6 months either :D )

Only 6 months, pretty quick compared to me rotflmao

djdna2000
29-05-2006, 22:08
Well I didn't finally do anything in the end. I have a ball missing from the o/s tulip assembly, and with only 5 balls it wouldn't let it flex enough to adjust the motor position - so try again once peebs kindly sends me one of his spare balls :)

Marksman
29-05-2006, 23:26
...once peebs kindly sends me one of his spare balls :)

Well lets face it, he's a big lump that drives a probe so he probably won't have cause to use them.

O.S.

superchargedsam
30-05-2006, 11:08
JAE is gonna be fun with Owen running from peebs who in turn will be running from BSM !

djdna2000
30-05-2006, 11:19
so, does anyone have this pic? It looks like it should be attached to the first post in this thread but isn't.