PDA

View Full Version : Head on, IT RUNS!!!!!

mr2gti
14-04-2006, 17:15
But guess what!

Still pressurizing, so the water pump is coming off next =- sunday to be exact if the weather holds out, might even tomorrow.

But I was shocked at just how simple it was to do, and it started on the first turn of the key too!

mr2gti
14-04-2006, 18:03
Just had a play, The pipes are not as hard as before, but still overly hard, but if I squeeze the filler neck one hard and quick - it gets red hot real quick...

Pump defective and boiling up in one area?

lodgeman
14-04-2006, 22:12
when i did the head gasket on mine i was surprised how easy it all came together.:hehe: was expecting some nightmare of a job after all the scare stories! :shifty: cant help on the pressure problem though, my only suggestion is air lock?:shrug:

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 00:25
Aye - it makes sense but i've enjoyed it, 3 hours today from it being totally stripped down to up and running. Was easy.

Goldy
15-04-2006, 00:29
Quality.... since you enjoyed it I know who to send mine 2 :whistle:

Did you bleed the coolant system fully afterwards? Airlocks can be a bugger to get out? Mine took a full hour to sort it all. Is it still blowing pipes off?

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 09:32
Bled it up spot on, If it is the original pump, 101k is well past its sell by date, so it needs doing anyhow.

On another note, have we got a thread for the biggest blood wheels during work on our 2's, i'd be a winner with this!

Paul Woods
15-04-2006, 10:10
rick was there ANY corrosion at all on the block around number 4 water jacket? its just if there was the new gasket wont cure it and its new engine time........again and again i am finding that any corrosion around this area on the block renders the engine useless as you will never get the gasket to seal between the water jacket and piston bore.

Hopefully it will have blades missing off the water pump though.

I really dont want to be right this time but if it had any corosion on the block its fubared mate.Some people clag lots of hylomar on the new gasket around the corroded area and that sometimes works for 6 months or so but they always break again.This number 4 gasket area is a big problem on mk1's that have had poor % of antifreeze over the years.

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 12:06
The faces were nice and flat paul. No mess there at all....

http://www.resonate-rx.co.uk/pump.jpg

This thing is really beginning to piss me off to the point its going to be sold off.

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 12:09
I'm going to re-assemble, then re-bleed the whole system and see what happens. i'm really not in a good mood at all today.

nik
15-04-2006, 12:16
This thing is really beginning to piss me off to the point its going to be sold off.
haha, dont expect to sell it on here for more than parts..lol

Paul Woods
15-04-2006, 13:49
indeed,it wont be worth much unless you do sort the problem mate...i wouldnt rule out a cracked block on this one,the pressure has got to be coming from somewhere,so if its not the head....

Have you checked obvious stuff like thermostat..? from memory i think u did....if you are 100% sure there was no block corrosion a crack is getting increasingly likely.

Paul Woods
15-04-2006, 13:50
stick a 3s-gte in it.

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 14:54
Right, thermostat was opening fine, cleaned up and refitted with that little valve/plug on it removed.

Pump re-fitted (fuckin nightmare job!) and whole system completely re-bled, arse in air, clear pipes galore.

Now the pressure is alot better, still dripping underneath were a pipe needs replacing, but nothing major.

Nowhere near as much pressure as before and less than yesterday!

Where is the oil pressure gauge sensor located, lost all readings!

Oh done new oil too :)

nik
15-04-2006, 15:01
grand..even i feel relieved..:thumbsup:

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 15:10
needs to go for a run first, so i'm just holding back on the hands in the air "its Done" feeling.

I hate Toyota's

Paul Woods
15-04-2006, 15:10
thats good news,the oil sensor is under the dizzy mate.

I bloody love toyotas.

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 16:21
No - it's still doing it.

It's off. eBay here it comes!

Paul Woods
15-04-2006, 17:03
must have a cracked block i guess,why not fit a cheap engine? they are a dime a dozen mate.

mr2gti
15-04-2006, 17:50
Cant be arsed, getting me another 306, no hassle motoring.

Really fucked off now.

Mistertwokw
24-04-2006, 22:12
I have an engine sat in my garage if you want it, worked fine when it was in the car. Pm if you fancy it. Shame to get rid of the whole car.