PDA

View Full Version : emission control systems?

johnathan
02-04-2006, 16:30
today i was lookin at engines on fleabay and i ran into a few 3vzfe's that are imported from japan and i'm thinkin about buy'n one but heres the problem i live in california which have very strict emissions laws and to pass the inspectors visually look to see if all the systems for emission controls are there and if i understand correctly the japanese engines don't have them but the u.s. engines do now on to the question is there a way to transplant the emissions systems onto a n imported engine?

Paul Woods
02-04-2006, 17:10
the basic block and heads should be the same so in theory if you bolt on all of the USDM EGR system and use the ECU it should work fine...i do feel sorry for you chaps in calif.

johnathan
02-04-2006, 18:02
yeah california mot makes me:puke: mot is oyur form of emissions testing right?

weegaz22
02-04-2006, 18:11
could you not get a crashed cali state car with the engine and emmisions control?

MOT is not only emmisions but the test that checks if the car is mechanicaly fit for the road

as paul said the block will probably be the same, but the manifolds may be different depending on the emissions system used on it

johnathan
02-04-2006, 18:21
ive been looking at all the usual places so far i just moved to cali 5months ago so i don't know the area well but i have been to the u pull it auto dismantlers in the area but still no luck just yet but the u pull its are really the only place ive checked but maybe i'm just rushing to get a six in my2

johnathan
02-04-2006, 18:34
is there anywhere that i might not have looked? if so please tell me you guys seem to be good at finding stuff what with a ferret search engine would love to have a ferret button

weegaz22
02-04-2006, 18:37
ebay ebay ebay ebay lol

i think the majority of guys on this site are in the UK, think theres a few guys from the states, but you might be better asking on imoc.com? may be more guys in cali that know breakers near you

johnathan
02-04-2006, 18:44
well hopefully theres lot of mr2 nuts here in cali but i still feel left out because i don't get to go to jae

jasper
02-04-2006, 19:51
well hopefully theres lot of mr2 nuts here in cali but i still feel left out because i don't get to go to jae

Maybe not in your 2 but you can always get a flight over and join the party.

johnathan
02-04-2006, 20:35
and then my girlfreind would kill me for spending more money and this time she would say your spending that much money just to hang out with the guys atleast when you spend money on the car its going somewhere and besides my daughter would go into garage time withdrawl