PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Lights Install

Rowdan
09-03-2006, 19:44
Got my SC lights from the States today, so started to install them. Swapped pins over to run one of the reversing lights as a fog light. Got my NA lights off then it got dark.

What is physically involved in swapping the lights over, I know the lock will sit a little deep but do I have to drill holes for the number plate lamp and other bolts that dont seem to line up. Any help, tips and tricks greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Rowan

Paul Woods
10-03-2006, 06:58
hi row,ive done this a few times,theres holes to add for bolts on the lights that arent in the NA rear panel,two each side on the main clusters....then you need to drill out two holes per side for the number plate lamp bolts and also a 1" hole in the middle of those two for the bulb access,after that it just bolts up and you already know about the wiring mod to convert the reverse light to fog,thats it really.

The lock does sit further back,you could make a neat little steel tunnel thats welded to the back panel and sits against the lights so it looks right.

Rowdan
15-03-2006, 19:41
Right well fitted these now not too tricky really although haven,t done the number plate lights yet waiting on a hole saw (well for one side got a hole on the other, eh sam 8O).

Anyhow..this fog/rev light - red bulb mod has anyone passed an MOT with this as I feel it may lack on the 'being visible from a reasonable distance front'. I am going to to try and fit a diffuser (is that the right word) and maybe move the bulb holder forward to spread more light into the lens. Also I think I used the wrong side as the fog lamp has to be on the o/s :doh: still no prob to swap :D .

Marksman
15-03-2006, 22:43
has anyone passed an MOT with this

Yup, several times :angel:

Good luck,

Owen.

Paul Woods
16-03-2006, 06:54
im going to fit a red LED bulb to the OS reverse lamp,or you can stick a red lens over the reverse light,both work for mot...all they worried about is that it works really.