PDA

View Full Version : An American Custom Car Show? Have a Look- 150pics

Grenade
19-03-2016, 02:54
My son is going to this show tomorrow with his buddies, so today the wife, daughter & I spent a few hours talking turbos and American iron with several dozen show participants. We stayed about 3 hours, I could have stayed 3 more.

I now know where the local rolling road is and a bunch more useful hot rod information. There is also an Auto Jumble, but I tried to only take pictures of especially interesting or really well done vehicles.

Some of the pics are blurry, I was using a 5 yr old Android and I was walking fast. Sorry about that, you'll still enjoy these shots.

I can tell you this- the old Hot rod stuff is BIG and HOT right now. The older, the better. Most of the old stuff was painted to have that natural weathered & rusted look. The truck I have, already has it. I'm going to leave mine as it is, when it's done. I also saw the company that did the LS400 Maserati driveshaft, they asked about the car- great time was had by all. I resized all the 150 pics, so they would load faster. Go look on a computer, it'll be better.
Check it out:

PICS GONE-

Grenade
19-03-2016, 02:55
Pics gone, will put up an updated thread, sorry folks!

Grenade
19-03-2016, 02:57
Editing thread

Grenade
19-03-2016, 02:59
Cleaning house :)

Phaeton
19-03-2016, 08:45
Some days I want to live in the US especially when I see stuff like this, then I wake up & realise nah better were we are :)

Grenade
19-03-2016, 13:00
Yeah, I know what you mean. This was a once a year car show called the Autorama, it's big, travels nationwide. I almost had my red MR2 entered in it a few years ago but it wasn't done in time for sign up.

Sometimes I don't want to be in the US but then realize, I'm where I'm supposed to be. The rat rod rusty truck scene is huge right now. Maybe I'll finally hit on a trend when it comes to sell my creation, rather than being five years behind the popularity curve!

Really cool stuff.

Torero
22-03-2016, 13:10
I really do get the idea of the 'Shabby chic' look Paul. Get someone to do some sign writing on it so it looks like an original.

Loved the MR2 widebody :thumbsup: also smiled at this:

http://www.fmxpaulgrenade.com/sitepics/PHrz/13.jpg

big_zop
01-04-2016, 03:54
Great variety of cars there, had to take a WTF when I saw that shrunk van posted above and I think the Tow Mater truck looks like it is done really well.

marieselden
21-09-2016, 14:02
Why I cannot see the photos?

Phaeton
21-09-2016, 14:13
Why I cannot see the photos?

You are not worthy :eusa_dance:

No seriously I suspect Paul has taken them down as they were hosted on his own server

Grenade
24-09-2016, 13:31
I screwed up and lost several folders on my server. I was moving things around and probably drinking, making decisions that were better suited for coffee. :)
Sorry bout that!

Grenade
26-09-2016, 00:23
However- I was at another car show today. I'll get some pics in this thread and clean it up- No- wait, I'll post a new thread and link it here. :)

Grenade
26-09-2016, 03:10
NEW THREAD< NEW CAR SHOWS:
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?24219-The-2016-Car-Show-Thread-with-new-Pictures&p=322492#post322492