PDA

View Full Version : 2GR-FE Swindon Engines offer a supercharged version of the 2GRFE

Monkeyra
22-02-2015, 11:14
Just happened to come across this today:

http://www.swindon-engines.com/uk/engines.aspx

Has anyone got any further information on it? I'm assuming I'm not the first to have come across this.

cdwood2010
22-02-2015, 12:37
Interesting stuff. Paul and Marc obviously have had the jump on this for some time, i guess it was only a matter of time before others started to get into it.

A lot of it comes down to availability, 5 years ago these engines were hard to source, hence the group buys, whereas as know there are probably a few more around.

c.

thomp1983
22-02-2015, 15:05
There a good company ive used them for minor stuff when i lived there. Build a lot of race spec stuff and quite well funded, can't imagine the crazy stuff marc and paul would do with proper financial backing

Paul Woods
22-02-2015, 18:31
We would probably be dead within a year with unlimited funds.

I have a contact for brand spanking new 2gr engines, advertised it all last year, but nobody was interested, mainly because it was double the price of a low mileage used one, and low mileage used ones are going to last forever.

snowtigger
22-02-2015, 20:42
Brand new engine for a kit car which is were there market probably is, there ads that they put in kit car advertises the 2gr and various other combinations that they sell, but as Paul says why buy a new one when you can have a barely run in one for half the price save the money and fit the coming sc and ecu kit when it's available.

Grenade
24-02-2015, 15:11
We would probably be dead within a year with unlimited funds.

I'm with you on that one. It's a good thing we aren't permitted to run loose with lots of money.

No matter how you look at it, this is an amazing thing and I think Paul & Marc just might be on to something. (since Lotus needed their help to begin with)

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2015/02/248.jpg

I'll wait until this engine is old and has been replaced by something newer and lighter, cheaper & faster and I'll use these to catch the tail end of a dying fad in this country because I don't have the skills or the cash to make sweet stuff like Woodsport & Frankenstein. :)