PDA

View Full Version : Driving roads (Didn't know where to put this)

EngineerMike
06-03-2014, 19:18
So, i'm guessing there's a chat area somewhere, general chat, but probably post count related (how other forums i moded work), but i hope it doesn't bother people too much me posting this here.

So, we all have (/aspire to have) mr2's because we 1, love 2's, 2 we love tinkering, 3 and the big one, we love DRIVING (Or at least i hope you guys do).

I am partial to a good galivant for reason or simply for a drive itself, and i was looking to collate a map of all awesome driving roads that people have, and hopefully i can travel around the UK abit more interestingly than i do at the moment.

So to start it off, i am on this route next week with stops at suggested points to see friends / stay for the night / view mr2s , any good roads within an hour of my journey worth taking, any good roads near wales venturing on while i am out that way.

Norwich > London (motorways, off to a gig) > Norwich > Cambridge> Milton Keynes > Northampton > Gloucester > Newport > Birmingham > Home Sweet Home (Norwich).

It's like pin the tail on the donkey, or giving a reacharound blindfolded, it's not the destination, that never changes, it's the fun you have getting there!

AlunJ
06-03-2014, 20:39
Hmmmm

Try the A40 from Gloucester to Ross-on-Wye, continue on the A40 to Monmouth then take the A449 from Monmouth to Newport. Some rather nice roads and has the upside of bypassing the Severn bridge.
You can get off the A449 at Usk then follow Usk Road to Caerleon (then onto Newport). I've always been quite fond of that one, however it's not particularly friendly until you get familiar with the layout. Still a nice drive though :smile: