PDA

View Full Version : Breaking MK2 for MK1.5 conversion

Hurricane
18-02-2014, 20:36
As title, I'm breaking my mk2 turbo conversion to build a Mk1.5 instead. Obviously I'm keeping the rear clip and associated gubbins, but are there any other parts that are worth keeping hold of to swap over?

I know the hubs are of no use to me, I sold my mk2 bc coilovers and bought a set for the mk1. Are the ARB of any use, I had 19mm turbo ones front and rear with polybushes. Do I need to change the throttle cable over, or is the mk2 one compatible at all as my mk1 cable is a bit stiff.

Any other bits you can think might be worth keeping?

cdwood2010
18-02-2014, 23:42
How much do you want for the Mk2 servo pipe from the engine bay?

Chris.

Hurricane
19-02-2014, 07:57
Haha, I didn't do this to drum up sales Chris. Surely I should be paid up for that as well.....

Which part of it?, I've never really paid that pipework much attention. If it's small/easy to post then its yours for postage monies

cdwood2010
19-02-2014, 10:57
It's the pipe that starts under the right hand hinge, it goes over the turret and stops where the end of the plenum sits. It has a one way valve on it.

Pm me how much and I will sort you out some monies.

Incidentally it might be worth posting a thread under 'breaking' as I'm sure others will be interested in goodies, maybe help offset your build costs.

C.

Hurricane
19-02-2014, 16:07
My car started out as a UK n/a, I don't know if it has the one way valve fitted to it. I'll get a picture of it and perhaps someone will be able to shed some light

cdwood2010
19-02-2014, 22:01
Its the pipe in the corner of the engine bay, it will probably be there whatever the car is / was. I am after the pipe (pictured) from the hinge all the way to where it stops in the engine bay if you have it.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2014/02/203.jpg