PDA

View Full Version : 2GR-FE vvTi or 1MZ..VVTi

zmann96
23-09-2013, 18:49
My son and I can't agree. I want an agreement but I will win out LOL. I purchased an 93 MR2 non turbo a few years ago and have a deposit down on a lambo kit. My son wants to save money and keep the original engine and then when we go to sell it offer as an option another engine. I asked him if he were buying a completed lambo would he consider a 130hp. I want to go with the 2GR VVTi or something with at least 250 + hp. He's saying it's too much extra work. I can get a Avalon salvaged car at the auctions for about $1500 to $2000 depending on mileage and year. My thoughts is we would have everything we would need except the trans and misc ( mounts, exhausr etc). How much extra work would it really be to go from the easiest v6 ( 180hp) to the 2GR ?
Another question, how difficult would it be to use the discs from the Avalon if I were to get the axles prepped at a machine shop to accept the disc assembly ( have the mr2 axle cut and weld the spindles on the axles from the Avalon) ? or am I crazy for even thinking of this. Thanks guys

headcase
23-09-2013, 19:06
if i was buying it would have to have a v6 in the work is the same what ever v6 you put in it may be a little extra wiring on 2gr but not that much

zmann96
23-09-2013, 19:11
I figured I would have both harnesses and have the ecus, I don't think it will be that much work, but I haven't don't this before. Thanks for your comment