PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Remeo V6 fitted in mr2 ?

vrooom666
06-08-2013, 14:26
Has anyone ever fitted alfa remeo V6? Ebay is choked with those engines, they are all over it. so has anyone fitted it to MR2? those alfa v6 is best sounding V6.

racerADS
06-08-2013, 14:34
You would have to be mad or a genus to do such a thing...

Geoff on here has fitted one in his mk1. Search the forum, you will find it.

vrooom666
06-08-2013, 14:38
Couldnt find that theead. Can you kindly provide the link please :)

headcase
06-08-2013, 14:42
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?19013-Mk1-v6-12v-Alfa-164

cdwood2010
06-08-2013, 16:29
Originally fitted to a Mk1 by a genius of a guy who lives in Redruth. Bought by the guy in Truro who bitched a lot about it then broke it.

Geoff bought the whole lump from the guy, and successfully fitted it to his Mk1, hooned about a bit and even brought it to JAE last year.

Sadly it suffered a few niggling issues with oil leaks etc (it is an Alfa after all) and Geoff has now parked it up in his garage.

He took me for a blast in it - yes it's fast, yes it sounds great, but its not the easiest of swaps.

If you can pick up a whole donor car then deffo worth a go. But you're going to be writing the guide rather than reading it.....

Chris.

snowtigger
06-08-2013, 17:04
Alfa engines are great when there good but a disaster when they go wrong and bloody expensive as well to fix, why do you think there's loads of them all over the place going cheap ?

I've owned an Alfa turbo diesel estate it was beautiful frugal on juice and bloody fast a 5 cylinder 250bhp monster on the motorway, plus the seats were the best I've ever sat in, but the electrics were shite the suspension needed fixing after the year after I renewed it.

Your not a true petrol head till you've owned an Alfa.