PDA

View Full Version : Will a Mk2 shifting assembly fit in a Mk1?

hasskarre
30-07-2013, 10:51
Hi guys,

I got my donor car (drove it from Manchester to Germany last week) and was wondering if I could fit the shifting assembly into the Mk1 if I modify the holder in the center console. My car is a autotragic Mk1b and the donor is a 3S-GTE Gen3 with the nice short shift knob, which I want to use in the 1.5 Would the cables be the right lenght or do I need to modify them or the bracket?

Greetings from Germany

MMaddict
30-07-2013, 12:30
Hi guys,

I got my donor car (drove it from Manchester to Germany last week) and was wondering if I could fit the shifting assembly into the Mk1 if I modify the holder in the center console. My car is a autotragic Mk1b and the donor is a 3S-GTE Gen3 with the nice short shift knob, which I want to use in the 1.5 Would the cables be the right lenght or do I need to modify them or the bracket?

Greetings from Germany

Just passed by this the otherday, might help you out:

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20372-Gear-linkage-cables-extension

hasskarre
30-07-2013, 16:27
Yes, that actually helps. I might install a screw tread at the stick end so that I wont have to re-weld the cables when they arent the perfect lenght (if there isn`t one already). Fabricating an adapter for the whole assembly shouldnt be a big problem.

thanks