PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with TRD coilovers in here? (Mk2)

Lasse
12-12-2012, 19:48
Just wondering, as I got a set from a guy i bought some misc parts from.
Sadly all the shocks are blown and there is difficult to find replacement inserts...
Fensport says they can get a koni dealer to make me some inserts that fit, but it will be pricey.

So my question is: is it worth it?

It would be great if someone in here has a set and could tell me how the ride is (stiff as f... I believe, those springs are HARD) kind of a waste to spend big money on something you might not like.

MRV6
13-12-2012, 08:40
You might have answered your own question there mate. I went for a set of tein superstreets, new shocks and parts readably available. Not too a harsh ride either.

mrT
13-12-2012, 10:25
I have Tein super streets on my 2 and must admit the handling and ride is just perfect, not harsh and not spongy either,
with regards the TRD coilovers, yes Koni will make you inserts but the TRD shocks are actually made by KYB and it is worth contacting them, I am sure they can refurb them for you,
I know Tein charge between £120 and £250 a unit to do a refurb, not sure on KYb's prices

Lasse
14-12-2012, 13:31
I'll see what I'll do, it's kind of cool having something not everyone else have also.
The original inserts are actually tokico dampers, I have already sent them an email, but no answer yet, maybe I'll drop them another.
Another issue is wheel fitment, my front rims is 8x18 ET35, so I suspect I will need some spacers aswell...