View Full Version : You all need to read this

Deadly_Smell
24-08-2012, 18:37
http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/#more-901

Is this the end of modifying cars !!! :icon_neutral:

cdwood2010
24-08-2012, 18:51
Erm, no.

Seriously that's about half the cars in the UK off the road.

The nation would halt.

Anyway, it would just make it more fun. Imagine how sneaky we would all have to be.

I'm already writing 2.0 on my engine in preparation.

:)

C.

Paul Woods
24-08-2012, 19:01
This raises its head every few years, never going to happen.

Beanyfelix
24-08-2012, 19:21
Hey Paul,

Does this mean you are back from your hols?

Would love to see some photos of the swap. I know you're busy, but I'm like a 16 year old lad who's on a promise from the 28 year old stunner next door.

Eager with anticipation just doesn't cut it. Lol.

When you can get to it mate, cheers.

Chris.

gavsdavs
24-08-2012, 19:26
This raises its head every few years, never going to happen.
I dunno, those Eurocrats are scheming bastards. Everything in the name of the big corps, not the people.

ThePianoMan
24-08-2012, 19:33
That does sound kinda serious this time round tho.
No petition?
But as ya say, how can they do that, it's a joke.

geoff
24-08-2012, 19:50
This could never happen just think how many people would be out of jobs,

and how much money the goverment would lose in revenue.

cdwood2010
24-08-2012, 20:08
There's a whole industry around this.

The backwash would literally cripple the motor trade.
C.

Paul Woods
24-08-2012, 20:10
If it does ever happen I'm out of a job the very next day.

Chris I'm still in the US but back tomorrow, I have lots of pics of your build just didn't get a chance to start a thread, I'll do that when I get back bud.

GaryA
24-08-2012, 20:19
Oh piss 5 years in the making then some EU law will turn it into scrap, have you lot been following the long thread on PH if not you need to , it would be unworkable in current mot stations , but the safety and eco Brussels Bastards could in time make modded cars hard to get on the road

gavsdavs
24-08-2012, 20:27
There's a whole industry around this.

The backwash would literally cripple the motor trade.

I agree, but as I said, do the EU give a toss about little firms ?
They're all f*cking bent.

(Cynical head on today)

cdwood2010
24-08-2012, 20:29
That's probably more realistic, but it will just mean that stupid fucking corsas and Clios with V6 engines thrown in will never make it on the road.

People like Mr Woods will be really sought after, because the home build will get nailed down, and you will need a competent garage to carry out or at least approve your mods.

If you think of it that way, it's not that bad a thing....

C.

gavsdavs
24-08-2012, 21:09
Agreed - there are good and bad modders and safety and maintainability is what we all want.

Having said that - toyota's GT86 looks like it was intended to be a modded car - the basic engine looks pretty unexciting. You think Toyota anticipated it would get modded on release ?

adamh
24-08-2012, 21:16
the nation would halt? nah, but thats exactly what the eurocrats want, 'remove infrastructure' and applying that to hobby-cars, which are a good contributor for helping to maintain independent economy for the country, we manufacture , and sell, from one person on the island to the next all inside of the same island, keeps us healthy, it's called sharing!. So Brussels basically says 'you cant share' because we will not profit from it, or rather we dont want you to benefit from it, because, we want to control you and your contributions to AN economy (probably not ours inevitably) so they start by slowly painfully creating rules that infringe on ALL of your activities outside of work.

making cars safer? eco blah ? Bullshit, its about the money that is pumped into the industry.
Q, When did we ever need these twats from another country meddling with what works in this.. more to the point, WHY!?.
Q2, i wonder who is behind this (who is getting paid), the OEM Manufacturers of vehicles, or just the eurocrats wanting to get another finger into the pie.
Q3, when are we going to leave the EU

mrT
24-08-2012, 21:17
The gt86 is already being modded in Japan..
I've seen a few pics of the gt86 with a 2jz in it, there is a rumour of one with a rb26 being fitted.. and I'm sure along will come someone to bolt in a v6 and v8..
But seriously if they want to kill the modified car scene then they really need to offer more off road tracks for enthusiasts.. but at the moment there are idiots lobbying to have places like castle combe shut down due to noise..
There is no winning

Chris69
24-08-2012, 21:51
Amateur motorsport, trackdays, dragstrips, carshows, multiple tuning companies, small time engineering firms and dyno's all gone? I dont see it happening. Fuck the eu anyway, they do nothing but make life difficult with no return. They can all kiss my arse if they think im falling in line with this steaming mound of horseshit! If you'll excuse my, ahem, french.
No dout they will water it down to an iva for every minor modification in an effort to boost the coffers eh :mad:

sent from my foot to your arse!

mrT
24-08-2012, 22:09
It's all scaremongering so they can bring in some new law to squeeze more money out of us on unnecessary tests on the cars every year..

Beanyfelix
24-08-2012, 22:50
This has been threatened time and time again, with no change to date so far.

The aftermarket/tuning industry is so massive I can't ever see it happening.

Just think of all the top money earners in the country, sportsman, celebrities who love their toys, and love them tweaked to be individual. I can't see it.

Paul, I know how busy you are and kudos to you for still posting while on holiday. I'm just mega excited and I know your work is gonna put into my car what was missing. I'm just eager to see how it's going. If you are struggling for time to post, just email me pics and I'll post em.

Cheers,

Chris.