PDA

View Full Version : 3VZ-FE Why I love my shitbox V6

cdwood2010
11-08-2012, 20:05
Been busy clearing out the garage and catching up on some tasks. It's quite funny not having a two in the garage!

Popped up the road on an errand, took the MR2.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/08/126.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/08/127.jpg

God damn it folks, even with a slippy clutch this car is awesome. Every time I get back in it after a few days it never fails to make me smile.

There's so much on it you could pick fault with, but still I don't give a shit. I was planning on bringing the Cammy to JAE but this car is pleading like a mental ex girlfriend on crack.

Might have to bring both cars.....

C.

mrT
11-08-2012, 21:43
You can not begin to understand how much I don't want to sell the yellow car.. and how much I want to drive it but needs must..
These cars are infectious

ThePianoMan
11-08-2012, 21:56
Dunno what your on about, I've still just got boxes of bits, lol

snowtigger
11-08-2012, 23:58
Wait till the box of bits is in the car and you go for your first v 6 drive vava voom doesn't come close.

ThePianoMan
12-08-2012, 10:03
lol, I'm working on it

Beanyfelix
12-08-2012, 13:48
Can't wait for my first drive either.

Paul is getting on with work at the moment. Hopefully he'll start the build thread soon.

No pressure Paul, lol.

Beany.

Torero
13-08-2012, 22:26
I'm not just saying this as Chris (with a little help from me) gave mine some V6 goodness but I drove it on Friday to warm it up a bit and check fluid levels etc. and it really is awesome. Not just a distinctive sound but a very progressive acceleration through all gears.

When I got to some open road, even though I did PW's 5th gear extension, I felt as if it was missing a top gear. At 70-80 you still feel you can accelerate hard, well over 4.5k revs and I kept on looking to change up and the growl as you do so is just soooo addictive. It seems to change the character of the car completely and after about half an hour you couldn't take the smile off my face with an angle grinder.

Honestly, the best natural high you can get, fuck knows how good a 2GR is.

Oh and did I mention the sound :icon_biggrin:

vish
13-08-2012, 22:56
haha second that! engines back in mine now with the welded box - ought to get some pics as the guy did a cracking job...hopefully have it at crail this sunday set some proper 1/4 mile times!

you know i reckon its the interiors of mr2s - ive never sat in a nicer cockpit than a mister 2. not too big, not too small and a lovely always warm cabin! that and how violent she launches lol

snowtigger
14-08-2012, 00:13
Honestly, the best natural high you can get, fuck knows how good a 2GR is.

Oh and did I mention the sound :icon_biggrin:

I know how good that feeling is lol perhaps multiply it by about a 1000% and your close, oh and the smile factor is worse than the joker on crack.

cdwood2010
14-08-2012, 00:33
you know i reckon its the interiors of mr2s - ive never sat in a nicer cockpit than a mister 2. not too big, not too small and a lovely always warm cabin

Actually I know what you mean.

Being 6'4" without my high heels and on the well padded side, I never quite fit into a Mk1.

First Mk2 I drove was Pats (JapScrap) from Llanelli to Northampton.

By the time I got home I was stood looking at it scratching my chin.

'not too gay after all' said I.

:)

Not sure about a Mk3 though.....

racerADS
14-08-2012, 07:13
I have only driven my V6 about a mile but even that just felt fantastic. Didn't really get a chance to open her up properly but she went like a train in second.
Makes me smile just knowing it's in the garage waiting for me.

I was never a Mk2 fan they looked a bit girly in the 90's, had my mk1 and liked the looks of that but it had time to age. That car rusted away unfortunately and it always felt too small and a bit ugly at the rear. Then my uncle took me for a spin in his red mk2 and I was hooked. Think that 20 years on the mk2 has aged really well.
I am all about a car having everything it needs and nothing more to slow it down with weight. Electric windows & mirrors, decent dash, comfy seats, boot for stuff, stereo, sunroof and a great engine. Hence why I bought my Mrs a 2.0 8v Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport and why i love my V6 MR2 MK2. Thanks for showing me the light fellas and for all your help getting there. :-)

Torero
14-08-2012, 13:52
..... the smile factor is worse than the joker on crack.
Can I have that for my sig, Mike? :icon_biggrin:

snowtigger
14-08-2012, 18:30
Can I have that for my sig, Mike? :icon_biggrin:

Yep mate go ahead I've got plenty more haha.