PDA

View Full Version : Wiring question... blue plug?

ThePianoMan
16-07-2012, 20:33
Hiya,

Was just looking at the wiring guide to get an idea of whats involved,

looks like a right pain in the ass... made 10 times worse as the chap i got everything from had cut right through the loom!!
Making it much harder as gotta reconnect it up, hmmm, tempted to try and get another one, tho dunno how easy that will be.
Anyway... seem to have found most of whats shown.... but Mr Woods talks about a blue plug that supplys power to the fuse box from the alternator.
Cant see any sign of such a plug... or the white and black wires that come from it,
Anyone know where exactly on the engine loom this plug/wires are supposed to be?
Cheers.

cdwood2010
16-07-2012, 22:08
Hello mate,

Paul is referring to the blue square 60a fuse - its basically a 2 pin plug.

Personally I cut all that out apart from
The thickest white wire and I use that to power up the engine bay fuse box.

Got picks if you need.

C.

ThePianoMan
16-07-2012, 23:47
OK, cheers,

had a look tho... and nothing of the sort, so god knows.
Also no sign of the plugs that would connect to the coil/ignitor either, theres a few cut off ends by the look of it.. which may be
what im after for both coil and this blue plug,
starting to think ive got a pile of scrap.... a photo of what i should have would be very helpful, thanks.

Ian86
17-07-2012, 00:08
Ive got my camry engine on the stand with the loom still attatched. I can get pictures after work tomorrow of what connectors i have on my loom if it helps?

cdwood2010
17-07-2012, 00:20
Here's a shot of the wiring before fitting.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/07/125.jpg

The loom basically splits into two from the engine.

The smaller section (on the left) has all that I have left of the thick white wires, and a few other bits, little of which gets used.

The bigger section on the right has a number of things half way down - diag port and coil leads (3 part). Everything else gets pushed through into the boot to start with.

Ive got a lot of photos from the last couple of builds, if you want to pm me an email address I can send you a few key ones.

C.

ThePianoMan
17-07-2012, 08:14
Cheers lads, thats a help.

I've got all the ECU connectors there,
the diagnostic port was there, but definetly
not those plugs for ignition.
And just realised, no plug for the AFM.
Everything that plugs to actual engine is there.
Looks like he cut a these missing ones, not knowing
what he was doing.

ThePianoMan
17-07-2012, 17:49
Had another look now im home.

The plugs to the coil/ignitor are def been cut off as is the blue plug (tho that one matters little) and the plug to the AFM is gone.
Dunno if anything else is missing, dont think so, but that and the fact its been cut through pretty much kills it in my eyes.

Think i'll need another one if this thing is ever gonna see the road.