PDA

View Full Version : uprated fuel pump

MMaddict
07-05-2012, 18:01
Hey guys,

I was wondering what affordable options I would have to replace my OEM NA fuel pump for another uprated Fuel pump?

My preferences go out for another in tank pump. But less noisy as the Walbro and pref-ably also more reliable. (People told me they are pritty noisy and not so reliable)

Its for my MKII

Hope you guys can share your experience/ thoughts.

Cheers,

Vincent

mrT
07-05-2012, 18:06
I have a walbro in mine .. does make a high pitched whine but only when u run low on fuel.. but having said that.. once you're used to it, u don't even notice it.. plus if u got a loud exhaust u won't hear it either..
If u want uprated but not noisy then Bosch do a uprated pump u could go for that.. or if feeling flush then go for a sard fuel pump..

snowtigger
07-05-2012, 18:35
Or twin turbo supra, there are some for kitcars that are in tank and flow more the walbro is 255lph I think and there's one that does 380, always fit a good fuel pressure regulator.

adamh
07-05-2012, 18:36
i used a turbo pump for the v6. any turbo pump should flow enough. mr2/st165,185,t205/supra turbo.

mrT
07-05-2012, 18:42
I was contemplating fitting a fpr on mine but haven't done so yet, haven't had any adverse affects other than fuel going down quick when u drive hard..lol..
On idle when started from cold u get the odd pop and bang from exhaust but once warmed up it seems to be fine..

MMaddict
07-05-2012, 21:23
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm fitting a 1mzfe so I need a FPR anyhow.

Can anyone supply me with a nice source to buy them from/ any type numbers?

All I could find was the 044 Bosch (inline, not looking for that) the 255 walbro and some generic pumps and some Bosch pumps that are generic for multiple makes....

Resolve
08-05-2012, 08:54
Bosh 040 if i remember correct. May be more silent but also a lot more expensive. All cheap one's are fake just like the walbro's.