PDA

View Full Version : 3vzfe idle fluctuates between 1500 and 2500 rpm

domr2
19-05-2011, 03:07
Hi guys. Just finished a 3vzfe swap into my 91 mr2 na. Started right up but was idling really high. Drives fine once I step on the throttle. Then when the engine warmed up, the idle started going up and down between 1500 and 2500 rpm. I've checked for vacuum leaks and found none. Double checked wiring and timing. ECU is thorwing error code 41 (TPS signal). I've ran out of ideas, does anyone know what my problem could be? Engine was running fine when it came out of the camry, so i don't think the tps is bad, but idk!

Steve-x-edge
19-05-2011, 10:19
Do you have the engine manual? It tells you in there how to check if the TPS is working by bridging contacts and checking the resistance.
Code 41 is thrown when there is a short in the circuit, so it can either be a short in the wiring, the TPS itself or ECU.
Re check the wiring and make sure that is all right, also check at the plug end give the contacts a good clean and make sure the plug fits on securely. Mine was broke and didn't clip on right and it caused a short because it would rattle around a bit.

If you're sure all the wiring is correct, take off the TPS and get a mutimeter to check the resistance.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2011/05/211.jpg

Good Luck,
Steve