PDA

View Full Version : V6 Swap

M474
23-02-2011, 22:24
Hello people , looking to start aquiring parts and info for a 3vz swap on my uk rev3 which is dead at the mo ,overheating and has now decided to have no electricity aswell, On the parts front ,are most of you buying a full camry to get the parts or is there somewhere you can buy a full engine with ancilleries wiring ecu etc.? had a look on ebay and £500 seems to buy a bare engine which dosnt seem very good ,what sort of money should I be looking to pay, by the way if anyone has this kinda stuff for sale dont be shy im expecting a very good pay next month(thought id start asking now). Is there a standard flywheel /clutch setup which will work with a na box ?

Thanks

cdwood2010
23-02-2011, 23:16
Welcome!

For starters it looks like you are just down the road from Himself! That could be handy!!!

A complete car gives you most of the bits you need, and if you sell of the surplus from the donor and your MR2 you can offset your spend an awful lot. Check out my swaperoo thread.

Pat & Chris MR2 V6 Engine Swaperoo Project Thing!
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?18333-Pat-Chris-MR2-V6-Engine-Swaperoo-Project-Thing!&highlight=

We are nearly done on our first swap, and I just bought a whole Camry with a sweet 118k 3VZ-FE for £340. There are a few other engines, and of course there are some vast levels of knowledge and experience right here on this site.

Hope this helps, and if you want any specifics just PM me.

Chris :icon_mrgreen:

snowtigger
23-02-2011, 23:19
Use the search button for the clutch, you will need a turbo pressure plate and a standard na clutch or caldina one and a fidanza flywheel.

Or modified turbo flywheel which is another paragraph use the search button.

A full running car is getting dearer because people are catching on too this conversion, I'm either going to sell my dismantled engine whole or as parts next month as needs must as the devil drives.

Every thing can be found easy as long as you ask the right question.

foxy-stoat
24-02-2011, 13:25
Fizzy still has his v6 rear clip for sale. Drop him a pm. He has everything you need apart from the exhaust and downpipes.

Fizzy
01-03-2011, 20:08
Yup - foxy's correct. It's technically still a rolling shell but since I've been stripping it down and disconnecting pipes and cables it's not driveable anymore. I'm intending to take out the engine shortly if you're interested. Breaking the car since the dreaded rust has got to it. Camry Fidanza flywheel with turbo running gear. Pm me if you want to discuss more. :D

M474
01-03-2011, 20:37
Thanks for replies fellas gonna keep my eyes open for stuff , have decided my head gasket has gone on my mr2 aswell as the crunchy box ,and dying electrics so its defo gonna get a V6 in it ,whether the V6 will ever run is another matter but it will look good as a drive ornament and I can still say I have a mr2 with a v6 in it. Fizzy Pm sent

cdwood2010
01-03-2011, 21:06
I know what you mean. Pat is sooper positive that our build will work first go with no problems, but I like to set my standards lower so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

The one thought that does keep me going is that with everything I have read on the interwebnet, there are bigger fecktards than me and pat that have managed this!

The only real fail would be not to try in the first place!!!

Chris :)

snowtigger
01-03-2011, 22:02
The one thought that does keep me going is there are bigger fecktards than me and pat that have managed this!
but I like to set my standards lower so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

The only real fail would be to snap all the bolts in the first place!!!

Chris :)
very true good words there well said.
Hides behind the sofa.

M474
01-03-2011, 22:12
Sounds like my kind of logic ,im really good at snapping bolts just broke 3 taking the rad out, mr2 bolts are cack , Ive got a 32 year old ford capri and I dont think ive snapped more than 2 bolts and have had it down to a bare shell !

snowtigger
01-03-2011, 23:31
My mate has an rs 3100 Capri mk1 in English White ex plod test car, that has been down to a bare shell and built back up, never snapped a bolt but many screws were shagged on it and the shell was a rot box more moth eaten tin than shell.

Henry ford "underseal what's that?" technician it makes the cars last longer sir, henry ford" f##k that I want them to buy another in 3 years time, I don't want them fixing the thing with spares and body panels" technician " but we can sell the bits at an over inflated cost if we make the car fall to bits " Henry ford " give that man a meagre pay rise".

M474
02-03-2011, 15:34
My shell did have some rust and has been welded by me in several places and im about as good at welding as I am at wiring so have set it on fire many times! (My capri that is) Although I did have to weld the floor on y mr2 under the driver seat as it was trying to escape ,but that could be my weight thats the problem, my sills are not the best either. On the acquiring an engine front I have spoken to Fizzy and we are trying to work out how to get the V6 etc. from south Wales to Durham .Also next month im going to be on the look out for another cheap Mr2 for work until this one is done( or at least thats the plan at the moment anyway)