PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Box Supported Carrier Mod Need Advice

J05MA5
09-12-2010, 12:44
supported driveshaft carrier bracket for turbo box on a 3vz-fe.
I know this info is on here somewhere but cant find it, I'm not getting into the garage until the weekend but need to know the dimensions for the spacer that is needed so I can have it cut out. Can anyone help me please?:eusa_pray:

sketchy
10-12-2010, 02:30
the bearing has got to move about 4mm closer to the trans. you will also need to cut a new grove for the retaining clip on the shaft 4mm closer to the trans also (to match the spacer). needs grinding, unless you like burning all your cutting bits on the lathe...
if you have not cut it down to this..probably should be on your agenda also.
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2010/04/1.jpg

J05MA5
10-12-2010, 12:33
Cheers for that mate, really helpfull. Will have to leave the driveshaft off until next week when I get it machined, did you make yours to the exact dimensions of the bearing? Was it just mild steel what you used for this?

sketchy
10-12-2010, 20:11
the spacer was a clearance fit over the shaft. for a start I tried cutting down the inner race of the old bearing(but its far to hard)
the engineer made up the spacer and cut the slot in the end, the spacer was made of stainless...as long as its similar dimensions to the inner race, and you can get it down the shaft without it splitting its a win:)