PDA

View Full Version : 3VZ noob picture requests

Rdubs
29-06-2010, 21:25
Hi all,
I started my 3VZ swap into my 94 N/A about 6 months ago and am finally getting back on track. Motor is in and as of last weekend the wiring is done except for the piece mentioned below. Had lots of questions since it's been so long but after spending hours reading the other build threads I've gotten most figured out except a handful. Flame me if you want but a special thank you to anyone who can actually help.
1) Anyone have a picture of how the shifter cables hook back up to the tranny? There are two cables and I see the two pegs where they go, but not sure which cable goes on which peg. I can get both of them to go to either one. Also I recall there was a skinny cotter pin-type deal on both to lock them in but they were different, and can't remember which one was which.
2) Anyone have a picture, and any advice, on reinstalling the clutch slave cylinder? I remember that was a pain to get out and it looks like there are parts of the front engine mount that intersect with the cylinder bracket. Just very confusing.
3) Anyone have a picture of how to hook up the main 3VZ alternator / engine harness power to the MR2's power? Basically the section called "Powering up the Mk2 fusebox" in the Paul Woods guide (page 46-48). I find the blue 3VZ plug no problem and see on the wiring diagram that its white wire serves as the alternator output as well as junctioning in with the rest of the harness' main power, but I don't see where the connection is made on the MR2 side. I take it you keep the twin-wire alternator wire from the 5S engine harness off (the one where the butterfly connector used to screw into the MR2 fuse box) and don't use it?

Thanks much and sorry for the noob questions.

Rdubs
03-07-2010, 01:38
Well finally figured out all of the above, but have one last one. I just found this hose. Can anyone tell me where it goes or ideally have a picture of where it hooks to? My fear is it goes under the intake manifold upper chamber and I'll have to take that off to plug the hose in. Grr...thanks.
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2010/07/5.jpg

Jiff Lemon
03-07-2010, 11:17
Looks like the one that went to the power steering thingy bit. In which case, blank it off.