PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop

Paff
10-01-2006, 19:42
Ok guys need some help.
Would really love to get My arches fixed by Paul but he is a little far away.
Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop near the South Wales Area that they would trust to work on their 2.

Really want to get all the bodywork sorted before I attempt anything else.

Cheers
Paff

superchargedsam
10-01-2006, 19:53
Paff good to see you back on here at last ! what you want done, you having arches completely replaced or just a rust treatment go on them as cant remember how bad (or good) they are !

Paff
10-01-2006, 23:36
Gotta replace one front arch, think the other just needs slight treatment done. Then both rear arches are starting to go plus I have to fix a dent where someone caught the side of the car sometime in the past. Its not too bad but I want it all done before it goes any further.

Also I have some scratches and stonechips on the bonnet I might get sorted if the price is ok, and the supercharger engine lid and spoiler that will need painting at some point. and still need to leave enough money for the swap. Am still tempted by the V8 idea at the mo too.

superchargedsam
11-01-2006, 12:58
have a word with podge as he is getting his work done soon and think it might be going to the garage where sassy works ! I need a couple of bodys doing so might get a group discount !

Paff
11-01-2006, 13:49
Cheers Sam will drop Podge a message.

Will be nice to have a (relativley) rust free car

superchargedsam
11-01-2006, 14:17
The way you look after that car Paff it will be close to a minter once the rust is sorted as it was looking very good last time I saw it !

Paff
11-01-2006, 14:54
I do try to look after it sam.

Problem is while I was away the car was left sat outside without anyone to give it the love and care that I put into cleaning it and the little bits I could keep under control have got a little more noticeable. It probly won't look too bad once its had a good clean but I'd just rather get it sorted so it is as mint as possible.

Its a bit of a pain being so particular with the cleaning as you tend to notice bits you want sorted that other people would never spot unless you told them about it.

When the weather gets a bit better and I get the arches done you'll need sunglasses to look at the car :-)

superchargedsam
11-01-2006, 15:05
look forward to seeing that then fella ! You should have said you could have left it on me drive while you were away am sure Karen wouldnt have noticed another Mk1 on our drive !

Paff
11-01-2006, 15:39
Had to leave it with my folks so the old man could take it for a run everyso often. Cheers for thinking like that tho mate. It just missed me I think

superchargedsam
11-01-2006, 16:26
I could have given it a good blast into london every week for ya fella !

Paff
11-01-2006, 16:29
You'd get bored driving an NA after the charger. it just hasn't got the same feel to it. Will have to remember the offer for next time tho :-)

superchargedsam
11-01-2006, 16:36
its ok am on massive fuel economy drive now to save some cash so driving the speed limit most places and fuel usage has gone from 260kilomters on a full tank to 430 by driving at the speed limit so driving an NA would be fine !

sassy
11-01-2006, 21:16
have a word with podge as he is getting his work done soon and think it might be going to the garage where sassy works ! I need a couple of bodys doing so might get a group discount !

Hi its me. If u pop the car over we'll give u a quote on the bodywork no problem. My workshop is on the main road church village behind road runner motor parts. You'll see the entrance covered with cars at the left of roadrunner.

Hope 2 cu soon

Paff
12-01-2006, 07:14
Cheers Sassy.

Might see if I can pop up during my lunch hour today get a rough estimate. Hopefully be getting my new bike within the next week or so (as long as I can sell my current one) so it won't be long before I will be taking the car off the road for the work to be done