PDA

View Full Version : 1MZ-FE swap

22-03-2010, 20:05
Hey all, I'm working on a 1MZ-FE swap and having the hardest time.

I'm swapping a 1995 1MZ in to a 1991 NA MR2, and have the engine in and ready to start, it cranks, it has fuel and spark, and air (can only assume), when I spray ether in the intake manifold the engine will fire. Otherwise it will crank all day long.

The biggest problem I'm having is that this engine started 1 week ago, idled for roughly 1 minute and then died without a sputter or gurgle or anything, just cut and died. My belief is that it threw a code, and the engine tried to go in to safe mode.

However, my CEL isn't turning on, and an OBDII diagnostic port I wired to it doesn't register the ECU, says it can't detect it.

I have some good folks at mr2oc.com helping me out but I thought some fresh minds would come up with some new ideas. I've tried everything and I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm so close, I can feel it.

Anything would help. A major problem I'm having also is I don't have a 91-95 swap diagram, and I'm using 1994 1MZ-FE wiring diagrams, which so far have been pretty spot on, but I've also been told it's probably what messed me up.

Thanks in advance!
-Quinn:pray: