PDA

View Full Version : My 1MZ-FE MR2 conversion by Woodsports

pinny
11-10-2009, 20:29
Hi all, I picked up my car a couple of weeks ago, and have been too busy driving it, to post anything! Everyone was right, the 320 mile drive back home, was great, the engine was far quieter than the original, and I dont think i needed to change gear much over the whole journey. The car managed the whole trip on one tank of petrol, but with Pauls advice I was taking it easy, and making stops to make sure all was well. I had the fifth gear conversion as well, which is highly recommended, as at 70 miles an hour, the engine is doing a leisurely 2500 RPM.
I cannot praise Paul and Anth enough, the attention to detail is astounding. I cannot recommend them enough, for their conversions, and it is the best money I have ever spent. I have always liked fast cars, but this is in a different league, the torque is incredible. I dont think I have enjoyed driving any of my previous cars so much. The sound of the exhaust is very quiet, until you put your foot down, then it howls, with that distinct v6 note. I hope to bring it to some shows, as I dont need much excuse to drive it. I have great admiration for all of you who carry out this conversion yourselves, as it does not look easy. The last time I carried out my own conversion was 20 odd years ago, and that was a Ford Cortina 1500GT engine into a Ford Anglia 105E . Someone told me it was a straight swop, but one was crossflow and one was pre-crossflow, and that was just one problem. I am glad that I put my MR2 into the hands of experts, as it would have been well beyond my abilities. Hopefully I can join the "oldest boy racers in town" club now!?

Plasticgeordie2007
11-10-2009, 20:50
I'm glad you enjoy your car I cant wait to pick my car up from Paul. I have had a test drive of it and the torque was way better than I expected

MRV6
11-10-2009, 22:03
Nice one mate, things like that make it all worth while! I never used my radio/cd for months, just enjoyed the sound of the engine.

Paul Woods
12-10-2009, 07:11
Thankyou for the kind feedback sean, glad she is putting a smile on your face :thumbsup:

Garbe
12-10-2009, 10:03
where are the pics

pilotpete
12-10-2009, 11:12
Hopefully I can join the "oldest boy racers in town" club now!?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm in it ! I totally appreciate your sentiments about the conversion - don't regret mine except that I had it done before the 2GR debate started and having one of those now.:wave:

snowtigger
12-10-2009, 12:40
Welcome to the old boy racers end of the club, old racers never die they just have less time to accelerate.

pinny
13-10-2009, 16:10
Hi quick phone picture below, I will try and take some with a real camera!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2009/10/75.jpg

biteme
13-10-2009, 16:12
Looks great :thumbsup:

GregLeBon
13-10-2009, 17:08
Looking good...!

I'm slightly jealous.......you can check your oil from the engine bay.......? :mrgreen:

I have to do mine from INSIDE the cabin....!

...with the hardtop removed, and the soft-top up..!! :D

Paul Woods
13-10-2009, 17:42
The joys of owning a Mk3 V6 greg :)

kenny.c
13-10-2009, 19:25
My word that looks rather nice, even down to the colour co-ordinated Blitz cap. :boogie: