PDA

View Full Version : Re: power to window

Barronmr
24-09-2009, 20:35
I need to get the window up on my mk1 but since I removed the engine nothing electrical works.

All the wiring has remained, but the ecu and a few other components from the ignition part of the loom have been borrowed. I have them to hand though if they need to be back in place.

Can anyone provide me an easy way of getting the electric window up?

Thanks

Jim-SR
24-09-2009, 20:40
park a working car next to it, jump leads from working car to the battery leads of the MR2. use the window button. job done.

snowtigger
24-09-2009, 20:51
or use the hole toyota put on the big gear cog on the inside of the door to manually wind the window up but be carefull if tight as you can end up snapping the cogs off i would use this as a last resort do the jump leads first.

BSM
24-09-2009, 21:36
Pop your switch out if you cannot get ign feed to switches, check your wiring diagram and provide a feed and earth to the correct points on the bottom of the switch and close the window...

HTH

BSM

Paul Woods
25-09-2009, 07:20
Quite simply it is lacking power to the M2 connector in the engine bay... that is the large grey plug on the passenger strut tower base, chuck power to the thick white and thick black wires on that plug and the cars electrics will come to life.

Barronmr
25-09-2009, 13:40
Thanks everyone, solved.