PDA

View Full Version : My mk1a restoration

grash2
19-09-2009, 18:04
Ok i am "half way" there to complete gathering stuff for my mk1a restoration, all prices are converted to GBP, shipped to my door

Stuff Already Bought
201 Quafe Steering rack and pinion
66 polybash prothane kit
109 Twosrus rear custom tie rods
280 st205 front calipers +disc
106 22v rear calipers
113 Rear setup Front rotors 258x22 mr2 mk1b
64 SC Brake Booster
61 Master Cylinder + Brake Booster SW20 turbo
70 Toyota MR2 AW11 HEL SS Brake Line Kit
60 Ball Joints Front+ Rear Inner+Outer Tie rods

Stuff To Get

60 caliper Rebuilt kit st205 front
40 caliper Rebuilt kit 22v
70 Pads Redstuff Celica GT4
50 Pads Redstuff SW20 22v
107 Wheel Bearings x4
134 Steering Rack Repair(bushes+Upper/lower Bearing)
272 Eibach GC coilover sleeves
500 Koni
700 Option2 BC coilovers
150 Whiteline ARB rear SWAY
713 Wheels
40 wheel spacer rear 6mm Per side???? or total?
9 longer lugs rear
30 Steering gaiter kit

So i need your help guys, due to limited funds i have to find the best deal possible + i can't seem to find some of the stuff to get

a) Calipers Rebuilt Kit, i know tcbparts sell those(and toyota Greece) but i have a problem identify which gt4 st205 i have as tcb sells a set for untill august 1995 and one for the later one, dunno how to check which ones i have

b)Wheel bearings, where to get them? TCB seems a bit expensive, and on ebay they do not say which company produce them,

c)aaah Rack Bushings and bearings, i guess only from toyota? will those cost an arm and a leg? got the prices from toydyi, which i know they are not always accurate

d) Coilover Sleeves, BSM some time ago suggested to look at http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product but i have a problem choosing the springs and sleeves as i do not know sizes i have to get, plus will it be cheaper than the GC kit?

e) Konis, those are expensive wherever i look, 500GBP seems extreme for my wallet, but i want the best on my car, i have yet to decide if i am going Sleeves+ Konis or BC kit

f) Wheels, another hot issue, hard to find ones, i will though

g) Wheel spacers, Greeks ask for 80 GBP for those but i am sure i have seen those cheaper on the net, help?? also, since those are 6mm they will leave very little of the hub for the wheels to sit on, is this enough for the wheel to sit, can i get hubcentric spacers for between hub and rotor, or is a definite NO, i can't seem to find a way how that is even possible unless i open the bore of mk1b rotor, from 54.1 to lets say 57, and build hubcentric spacers with dual bore, on for the rotor to sit and one for the wheel but this cancels the whole idea of getting the mk1b front rotors on the back to be an easy swap, also is it 6mm per side or 6mm total? 3mm per side?

nikwills
19-09-2009, 22:53
I replaced a rear wheel bearing recently it cost £85 GBP just for the genuine Toyota bearing and £20 for fitting to a loose hub by a Toyota main dealer......

grash2
23-09-2009, 23:41
found some nice wheels to fit on the mk1, unfortunatly they are the new abarth fiat 500 wheels, which although not 100% sure, they are 4x98

now thats an issue, i have read that with wobbly bolts, you can get 4x100 wheels to fit fiats, does the opposite work? can i fit the 4x98 wheel on my mk1 with those wobbly bolts with no issues or it is a no go?

Also just got the mk2 15/16 MC, the servo has different bolt pattern for the firewall, mk2 is 8.5x8.5, mk1 SC is 8x6, i ll try to fit the mk2 one as it is in much better shape