PDA

View Full Version : Axle options for E153 in AW11 w/V6.

ThingyNess
12-09-2009, 18:26
I've read most of the swap pages, or at least all of the ones that I can find. I'm busily collecting parts for my V6 swap into my AW11, but the axle situation still confuses me a little. If I'm using an E153, is my only option to either use the auto v6 stub shaft with the 86-89 Celica GT-four axles? From Paul Woods' swap page, it looks like the turbo stub shaft with turbo axles + GT-four outer joints will work, but that's *two* full axle sets to buy for no benefit, it seems.

Do I have any other options?

Paul Woods
12-09-2009, 19:02
Your options are either...

1. A v6 auto supported shaft and two gt4 front axles
2. A complete mr2 turbo axle set up but use gt4 outer CV joints.
3. An Mr2 turbo supported shaft and two left side mk1 SC axles.

Option 1 will mean locating the whole engine/trans further right than options 2 or 3.

AlunJ
12-09-2009, 19:23
The GT4 outer CV's can be bought online Thingy, so no worries about having to get of two sets of axles to go down the turbo box / gt4 outer CV route.

A bunch of the club are at a show at the moment, but I'm sure some trawling the build threads will give ya the source and parts number. If not, someone'll undoubtedly be along shortly (pending travel / hangovers) to give ya the exact details ;)

ThingyNess
12-09-2009, 19:29
Thanks a lot. With some more searching I did find the axle/transmission FAQ page. I can't believe I missed it, and I thought I read almost everything on this site so far!

Amazingly, there's a wrecker right by my house that has a wrecked '88 GT4 that's completely untouched. I'm going to go today to pull the axles. It's too bad the trans isn't useful for anything.