PDA

View Full Version : My New Motor

quantumtools
31-08-2009, 08:04
Hi All,

Racings finished and fun day was a distant memory

Did a 14 flat with a couple of really bad shifts (wouldnt go into 2nd tried twice, then 3rd gar was found after second attempt).

Motor dropped a big end bearing after the dragstrip, it pumped all the oil up into the head due to the high rpm's and scavenged the crank.

Crank is now 18 thou out - boat anchor

Dad and I have been building a new motor and thought i would share some pics

We have install acl forged pistons, new bearings (bought two sets and have 360 deg oil groove) a little tip from our engine builder, all the oil and water galleries have been drilled slightly larger and head has had a slight tidy up.

Maybe a new ems if Im lucky.
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2009/08/285.jpg

hmmmmm
31-08-2009, 12:10
3SGTE in stripped out mk1, that going to be sweet! What charger are you running on that, the stock ct26 or is that also upgraded?

Jiff Lemon
31-08-2009, 22:25
wouldn't drilling the oil galleries out reduce oil pressure?:hmm:

semtexcow
31-08-2009, 22:37
more likely drilling out the oil returns to sump?
to aid oil flow away from the head

aw11man
01-09-2009, 07:24

doesnt these engines have an oil pressure releif valve as a part of the oil pump which controls the pressure? i'd think it just wouldn't open as much? ::

Jim-SR
01-09-2009, 17:08

only if the pump isnt capable of supplying enough volume. the pressure relief valve sets the pressure. the volume of oil flow wont alter it so long as the pump can keep up, youll just have more oil flowing around.

quantumtools
01-09-2009, 20:37
I found out some more last night,

Oil returns have been drill to aid oil to sump return as per semtexcow, the reason it scavenged is the catch can filled up so we were 500ml down on oil as it was in the can, we are going to look at a return line into the sump.

quantumtools
01-09-2009, 20:45
3SGTE in stripped out mk1, that going to be sweet! What charger are you running on that, the stock ct26 or is that also upgraded?

Yeah the ct26 in still there, we had it rebuilt with std internals runs about 12 psi, we did try it at 15 but it was like a light switch scary

The car weighed 970 with a std rebuilt motor with freeflow exhaust, filter and all the dags removed from head, we kept up with a 500hp holden commodore

new motor will make a reported 300hp at flywheel hopefully more
we have used the same head, turbo combination but taken 1 kg off the flywheel to aid spool up, Can anyone give me an indication of there power outputs with a similiar combo we are running a mines ecu for now

ALSO, ITS great to be back on twobrutal with like minded mr2 fanatics, I now have the idea to make a spaceframed mk2 with either a 1uz or maybe the 2gr
less weight more power - wihoo

biteme
01-09-2009, 20:46
ALSO, ITS great to be back on twobrutal with like minded mr2 fanatics, I now have the idea to make a spaceframed mk2 with either a 1uz or maybe the 2gr
less weight more power - wihoo

What about an inline Audi 4.2 V8? :)