View Full Version : MK2's and there "Handling" ability.

mr2gti
27-12-2005, 11:26
December the 26th.
Boxing Day.

12:20pm, A180 - Grimsby. Eastbound onto first Roundabout.

I just got passed by an L-plate red MK2 on the dual carriageway.

I get a bit of speed up and we both go into the roundabout from the same lane, me 6-8 car-lengths behind.

We negotiate the roundabout, MK1 closing with ever inch covered. The roads are wet but clean.

On exit I have gained 4-5 cars lengths, seeing this, the MK2 owner boots it on the left hand sweep of the exit.

Traction is lost in a scarily fast fashion, car tail swings wildly right as the driver plants the throttle.

He leaves the throttle in an attepmt to control the impending disaster and applies the brakes.

The car suddenly snaps backs and throws the rear round clockwise to the left, rear quickly overtaking the front. Drivers face is an epic blend of youth and pure terror.

I brake to avoid the whole O/S of the imported mk2, my rear wobbling but beautifully controlled and stable.

MK2 continues it's spin, slamming its tyres hard into the dividing kerb, boot popping open to maybe release the drivers exiting fear fumes.

Car comes to rest, to the sound of a MK1 in 1st, then 2nd screaming to the redline.

BEST BOXING DAY EVER!

Rick

jasper
27-12-2005, 11:29
Brilliant....pure and simple.

Looks like there may be an engine coming up for swap if he keeps driving like that....!

Goldy
27-12-2005, 11:32
The title should be Mk2 driver ability #-o he broke 2 of the cardinal sins....

1. acelerating round a bend [-(
2. lifting off round a bend on the limit [-(

It was always going to end in disaster!

Gary Symons
27-12-2005, 11:37
QUOTE 'exiting fear fumes'

:ha: :ha: :ha:

mr2gti
27-12-2005, 11:43
Brilliant....pure and simple.

Looks like there may be an engine coming up for swap if he keeps driving like that....!

Totally agree lol, really nice emaple too, but as you say, carry on like that he's gonna come a cropper!

Owned by a mk1, what a dishonour lmao.

mr2gti
27-12-2005, 11:49
A Rough piccy.

Goldy
27-12-2005, 12:15
need some flames coming out from position number 6 :lol:
http://www.modlangs.co.uk/feline/gi_lib/fire.gif

mr2gti
27-12-2005, 12:58
Yeah, limbs and alsorts....

Paul Woods
27-12-2005, 14:40
we need to print you up some spitfire luftwafe kill stickers rick for the side of your car!

Sooty
28-12-2005, 19:18
After going on the imoc trackday at Elvington, I couldn;t believe the number of mr2 owners that couldn't drive. My std mk1 was not overtaken by any mr2 all day long, despite there being some powerful stuf there.

Maybe it really is a GJOBs car.