PDA

View Full Version : What are we gonna call one of these then Mk1.275352?

BSM
22-03-2009, 21:33
Clicky (http://jalopnik.com/5175076/)

Interesting story and something I have thought about at length.

biteme
22-03-2009, 21:42
Call it anything other than an MR2!!

GregHoon
22-03-2009, 21:55
Lets hope they make a fantastic chassis with great handling and suspension technology. That looks the bollocks. Then in 5 years when no one wants them and they are cheap to buy second hand we'll rip out the shitty 'eco friendly' motor and replace it with something that'll give you whiplash :)

But like johnny said don't call it an mr2 and shit on the name.

Paul Woods
23-03-2009, 06:54
But like johnny said don't call it an mr2 and shit on the name.

In france the Mr2 is called the MR,they dropped the 2 off... even the mk2 backpanel just says MR.... reason being MR2 when pronounced in french is M-AIR-DUH,which is the same as "MERDE" which means "shit" :)

Aren't i just full of Mr2. :)

Arnie
23-03-2009, 06:59
Oh my God....

Pass me the bucket, please. :puke::puke:

Jim-SR
23-03-2009, 10:52
im pretty sure the car in the picture isnt an MR2, its a photoshopped prius. there are a ton of areas where the photoshopping has been done badly and you can see where they have tried to blend over lines. theyve taken a prius and turned it into a 3-door instead of a 5-door (hence the windows are blurred out so you cant see that the interior is in the wrong place where the front window has been stretched)

and we are assuming that there is even plans for a hybrid MR2 and that this story isnt just a hoax (im thinking of the Honda CRX revival of a few years ago, which still hasnt happened, and was supposed to be a hybrid). in the current financial climate probably it isnt hugely likely, especially as Toyota announced the other week that they are trying to get back to their value-for-money roots (e.g. not selling £15k cars for £22k and bulking them up with shÃ*te for the American market), and hybrid cars are about the worse value-for-money in terms of production that there is. batteries cost serious cash, as do high powered electric motors!

Lee
23-03-2009, 13:16
What are we gonna call one of these then Mk1.275352?

I'd just call it.........Shit

Why do all these people insist on claiming hybrids are the way forward, on a run my 10 year old vectra returns very similar mileage.

Owners of these are complete hypocrites who buy them to make themselves feel better. They have no understanding about the energy used to create these cars. Complete with 3-400 Kg of batteries containing precious metals that were dug out the ground/refined useing bloody great big fossil fuel burning machines and processing plants.
Even if the emissions are virtually nill for the rest of this cars useful life (which it certainly doesn't) they will probably still total more than my supposedly inefficient unclean Vauxhall, when manufacturing emissions are taken into account.

MRV6
23-03-2009, 20:53
This is what I found, bit better than the first thing er thing.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5176154/rumored-toyota-hybrid-sportscar-is-prius+based

biteme
23-03-2009, 21:07
That's actually not half bad mate!

MRV6
23-03-2009, 21:28
That's actually not half bad mate!

Aye, it's canny. I like it. Just needs a v8 in :)

biteme
23-03-2009, 21:30
On LPG of course :)

OlberJ
23-03-2009, 21:30
That's the concept car they brought out a while ago, it's no gonna look like that am afraid.

biteme
23-03-2009, 21:33
I know, it's a royal pain in the arse ain't it.

Make a concept - and then in production, make it look like that!

MRV6
23-03-2009, 22:32
That's the concept car they brought out a while ago, it's no gonna look like that am afraid.

Trust bloody you, don't tell me it's gonna look like a mk1 :)

OlberJ
23-03-2009, 22:42
Trust bloody you, don't tell me it's gonna look like a mk1 :)

Nah, Toyota don't make nice cars anymore :P

bbarnumboy
23-03-2009, 23:02
saw this a while ago here is another link

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2009/03/toyota_developing_a_prius_coup.html

Jim-SR
24-03-2009, 11:28
if it looks anything like the concept cars, and handles anything like the mk1, then it will be an awesome car. if they make it a Prius with a bodykit then it will be awful. and i fear that is what will probably happen, if anything. im still not convinced that this car will happen anytime soon, not until the recession has passed. id say 2012 at earliest

nikwills
24-03-2009, 12:04
Any one remember the rumours of the Supra prototype of 2 years ago that was going to be a hybrid......it seems to have disappeared without trace???

mr2by4
18-04-2009, 03:11
Any one remember the rumours of the Supra prototype of 2 years ago that was going to be a hybrid......it seems to have disappeared without trace???
It has left a trace. I think that the images of the "future mr2" that are not just photochopped Priuses are just tweaked variations of the design sketches of that vehicle. Those cars in the stories are all front engined profiles. None of them is fit to be an MR2, not based upon my wise opinion, but because they don't meet the definition.
Before they make another hybrid I would love to see a compact, transverse mounted all aluminum 4 liter v-8 that mates to an e series tranny. It should also have cylinder deactivation etc so that it gets nice 30-40 mpg on the hwy and tears it up on the track with all eight firing. Then I will be first in line at the breakers to try to get one to wedge into a MKI.:thumbsup:

dodouble
29-05-2009, 16:47
In france the Mr2 is called the MR,they dropped the 2 off... even the mk2 backpanel just says MR.... reason being MR2 when pronounced in french is M-AIR-DUH,which is the same as "MERDE" which means "shit" :)

Aren't i just full of Mr2. :)

being french i MUST correct you, im french canadian tho
but letters and numbers can be sayed in french too:mrgreen:
its the same as mr2 and emrde does mean shit but doesnt sound at all like mr2 in french...
lol just 2 clarify

Paul Woods
29-05-2009, 16:53
Thanks for that, although that was actually the reason given by Toyota as to why they called the french cars "MR" rather than "MR2", in the UK it would be the equivalent of the Ford Ballbag or Peugeot Muff.Although in fairness i'd buy those if they came on the market! :)

snowtigger
29-05-2009, 20:34
Is the pugeot muff built in brazil or France? And does it change color every fourth week of the month, and I heard it's very tempremental as to wot shoes it wears likes weird foreign brands like jimmy choos not Dunlop or brigestone.

Torero
29-05-2009, 20:49
I just bought the Subaru Minge :whistle: with a flappy paddle box.

snowtigger
29-05-2009, 22:04
the toyota clitoris eco model you have to rub your finger across it's start button to get it going and once going you can't get the bugger to stop or the honda vibrator great for the first half hour but you have to stop and change the batteries half a dozen times just to get where you want it to go.

OlberJ
29-05-2009, 22:09
the honda vibrator great for the first half hour but you have to stop and change the batteries half a dozen times just to get where you want it to go.

Fantastic sir lol

NDR008
30-05-2009, 18:38
being french i MUST correct you, im french canadian tho
but letters and numbers can be sayed in french too:mrgreen:
its the same as mr2 and emrde does mean shit but doesnt sound at all like mr2 in french...
lol just 2 clarify

That's odd, because my co-worker at DENSO, who is pure French, said that that is what it would sound like or really close enough.

OlberJ
30-05-2009, 19:36
Aye, it's not Monsuior Duex.

It's Em, Ar, Duex.

Or merde eux.