PDA

View Full Version : Petec's MK2 V6 Swap No.2

petec
01-03-2009, 15:02
As the title suggests the time has come to build my next MK2 V6. Chris99 came down to visit with my old chassis with his V6 in it and stupidly let me have a go :driving: man I miss the MR2 and the V6 ! The sound, the smell, the torque. So what's a man to do!? Build another of course.

The engine will be the same engine from my first swap a 3vz-fe. Sourced by me, swapped by Woodsport. First job is to get it shipped to my garage and begin the stripping. By the time I'm finished with it this will hopefully have head work and a complete overhaul of the block. The 3VZ-FE Engine repair manual will be my bible !

The MK2 I'm currently searching for... but at the moment they seem to be 10 a penny so I'm taking my time to find the exact one I want, a Rev3 Caribbean Blue T-bar. I rushed into buying my last and was never really happy with the rev3 red\pink tin top. Lots of pics and write-ups to come so stay tuned :thumbsup:

hmmmmm
01-03-2009, 17:17
Good luck with the build! Good time to buy a car anyway. Wy did you ever sell the last one?

petec
01-03-2009, 23:08
Well at the time fuel prices went crazy, the engine was burning oil faster than fuel which I believe is down to the valve seals and I had to buy a house. Now my mortgage has halved in 6 months so it seems like a good time to back into something fun.

Ah yeah and then there was the complete gearbox blow up, hope to have pics of that at some stage.