PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Paff!!

Mystery Machine
31-01-2009, 23:28
Yep, you heard it right - I hate Paff!!

Popped over to the land of Welsh Wales today to pay a visit to the cave of Paff & Owen (& Podge, but he wasn't there)

It all started out well, both seemed like top blokes and we were busy chatting & planning on what work to do on my Mk1.5. No problems there.

A few minutes later the Mr Paffmeister only went and started his V6 up.....well that was it! 2 weeks into 1.5 ownership and I now want a V6! A quick demo of sideways gravel spitting action around the industrial estate confirmed it. Suddenly I'm looking at starting all over with a new Mk1, camry donor etc....Paff I hate you!! rotflmao

My plans for the 1.5 are halted. I'm going to run the car as it is while I get a another Mk1 sorted (T-bar this time) ready for a V6 which will eventually be s/charged. I'll probably then sell the 1.5 on once the new car is ready (but might decide keep it alongside the V6 in the garage!)

Seriously though, Owen & Paff - it was great to meet you both and see your cool set-up. Many thanks for all the time you gave, the patience you both kept in answering my barrage of questions....and also for pulling my car apart/putting it back together. I can't wait to be over again for another dose of MR2 playtime (Paff - did you leave all the tools in their proper place? :D)

You both score a rock solid 125.75/10 for being 100% top blokes. Thanks again for the invite, the info and the insight.

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. - Paff....I still hate you but I think Jed hates you more! rotflmao

Paff
01-02-2009, 01:31
Was good to meet you Bruce, and your companion.

Thank you for turning up, any excuse to demo the V6 again is good in my eyes, I love driving that thing, hopefully not too far away from road if I get my arse in gear :)

I can see the idea of keeping both a V6 and 1.5 being a good one, I'd love to do that, the only problem being choosing which one to take out :)

Always welcome to pop by for a chat, cup of tea, even somewhere dry if you need to do a job on your car, I'm sure we can work something out there (we all know what working on driveways is like).

Oh and nope didn't leave all the tools in the right place, I put 2 of the extension bars back in the wrong place, I love winding Owen up occasionally :)

why's Jed hate me more :)

Cheers
Paff

Arkwright
01-02-2009, 01:47
I love winding Owen up occasionally :)

Occasionally?? :hidesbehi rotflmao :slap:

Mystery Machine
01-02-2009, 09:26
why's Jed hate me more :)
I think he sharted when you fired up the V6. The poor fragile thing was a bag of nerves on the way home! :rofl:

Thanks for the invite of somewhere dry to work on the car - I've hopefully got that side of things sorted (dbl garage) but once I can get rid of the other car in there, I'll have loads of room to mess about on the MR2.

If you & Owen ever feel like teaching me some welding skilllzzzz at any time, I'm up for a bit of that. I think practice welding some of Owen's tools together will be a good start :thumbsup: (of course I'll blame you though Paff....)

Paff
01-02-2009, 09:34
Na, he wasn't a bag of nerves, probably just wanted the V6 noise not the tubby :)
Oh did a little searching last night and according to the db level its louder than a loud rock concert apparently lol

Might not want me teaching you my welding skills, I'm only just starting to get the hang of it again, still once I've done my car I should have had plenty of practice and be a bit better than I am now :) Not sure weldomng the tools together would be a good idea, that won't annoy Owen it'll make him angry and you don't want him to be angry :)

hmm, might do a bit of spanner rearranging today :)

And yes Lyn, its only an occasional wind up, honestly :)

Arkwright
01-02-2009, 14:38
Yes Lyn, its only an occasional wind up, honestly :)

Hee hee, well try harder please rotflmao :D

snowtigger
01-02-2009, 22:26
tried to get 2 batterys out of a frawd festa and an alfa grr me dad had put me tools all arse about face , whent for a 13mm socket and he put a 1/2 inch there instead.

no fun when your not well and some soding arse fairy has rearanged your tools.

TbarTurbo
02-02-2009, 12:38
I hate paff too for forgetting i had a 1MZ with all the rebuild parts for sale .... nvm.

Has owen realigined the tool hangers yet? they were about 0.5degrees off square last time i was there.... lol

Arkwright
08-02-2009, 23:08
Has owen realigined the tool hangers yet? they were about 0.5degrees off square last time i was there.... lol

Don't say that...I put those up and I'll never hear the end of it :hidesbehi